MDE has one person twice

scottriehm

Original Poster
Maybe someone can help me. For the last trip or two, making FastPasses has been extremely confusing. For some reason, on our account, it has my mom on there twice, and when we try to make FastPasses, it takes extra time because we go through the battle of trying to figure out which one is linked with that trips room reservation as well as annual passes. Is it possible to delete one of these? To make it even harder, she has never logged in, so no one knows what the password is to either of them and for some reason, I believe either one or both, shows as being "managed" by someone in our family preventing her from recovering the password. The names for both are identical and the character was never chosen, so it has a generic picture.

Gillyanne

I believe either one or both, shows as being "managed" by someone in our family preventing her from recovering the password.

If this [manged by] is the case, she probably doesn't have a password. My step father is managed by my mom; so it's my mom and her account that logs in to do anything for him, he doesn't have his own. So if at least one of them has this, than the manager should be able to log in and identify if it's the one that has the tickets or not. If it is found one that is managed by someone else does not have tickets, they should be able to go to their friends and family list, select "update" on that name, and then remove from the list.

scottriehm

Original Poster
If this [manged by] is the case, she probably doesn't have a password. My step father is managed by my mom; so it's my mom and her account that logs in to do anything for him, he doesn't have his own. So if at least one of them has this, than the manager should be able to log in and identify if it's the one that has the tickets or not. If it is found one that is managed by someone else does not have tickets, they should be able to go to their friends and family list, select "update" on that name, and then remove from the list.
I will look into this again. I think we tried fixing it before from the My Disney Experience app and couldn't figure it out. It will probably be easier to do now from my computer than on my phone after a day in the parks trying to plan the next day.

Rob562

If you're trying to get it resolved quickly, your easiest route is probably to call the Help Desk and get the two versions of the person merged under one profile on one person's account.

However, if you've got a few minutes and a computer, you might be able to resolve it... (If you have multiple computers it'll go faster, but if you're only working with one you can do it, it'll just require a lot of logging in and logging out of accounts)

First, all of this assumes that Mom is a "managed by" sub-profile under two people's accounts (we'll call them Person A and Person B) and both A and B have access to their own MDE accounts. If one version truly is Mom's own account but she doesn't remember how to get in, it'll be Help Desk required. I don't think it'll matter, but if Person A can see both versions of Mom, they should probably un-friend the version that Person B controls so that they only see one version (and vice versa). (Though if there's an active hotel reservation and/or tickets, it may not allow you to do this)

The next step is to have Mom (or someone acting on behalf of Mom) to go onto the MDE website to create a brand new account for herself using her own email address.

Then, Person A goes into their account and under their managed-by-them version of Mom, they invite her to be friends by using the email address Mom use for her account. Mom then logs in and accepts their friend request.

Then Person B repeats the process, going into their own account and filling in Mom's email address and having her accept the friend request.

When Mom accepts the requests, any reservations, Bands, tickets, etc that are connected to the managed-by profile should move over to her new account, and hen Person A and Person B look at their accounts, they should *hopefully* only see one version of Mom and it's the same one. Other adults with their own accounts should probably take a moment to friend-request Mom for future flexibility.

At that point Mom will never have to log into her MDE account again if she doesn't want to, since other people who are her friends can make reservations and link them to her.

Also note: This will only work for people who are old enough to have their own MDE accounts (age 13 or older). The Help Desk will be required for duplicate young children...

-Rob

PeakSeason

If you're trying to get it resolved quickly, your easiest route is probably to call the Help Desk and get the two versions of the person merged under one profile on one person's account.

However, if you've got a few minutes and a computer, you might be able to resolve it... (If you have multiple computers it'll go faster, but if you're only working with one you can do it, it'll just require a lot of logging in and logging out of accounts)

First, all of this assumes that Mom is a "managed by" sub-profile under two people's accounts (we'll call them Person A and Person B) and both A and B have access to their own MDE accounts. If one version truly is Mom's own account but she doesn't remember how to get in, it'll be Help Desk required. I don't think it'll matter, but if Person A can see both versions of Mom, they should probably un-friend the version that Person B controls so that they only see one version (and vice versa). (Though if there's an active hotel reservation and/or tickets, it may not allow you to do this)

The next step is to have Mom (or someone acting on behalf of Mom) to go onto the MDE website to create a brand new account for herself using her own email address.

Then, Person A goes into their account and under their managed-by-them version of Mom, they invite her to be friends by using the email address Mom use for her account. Mom then logs in and accepts their friend request.

Then Person B repeats the process, going into their own account and filling in Mom's email address and having her accept the friend request.

When Mom accepts the requests, any reservations, Bands, tickets, etc that are connected to the managed-by profile should move over to her new account, and hen Person A and Person B look at their accounts, they should *hopefully* only see one version of Mom and it's the same one. Other adults with their own accounts should probably take a moment to friend-request Mom for future flexibility.

At that point Mom will never have to log into her MDE account again if she doesn't want to, since other people who are her friends can make reservations and link them to her.

Also note: This will only work for people who are old enough to have their own MDE accounts (age 13 or older). The Help Desk will be required for duplicate young children...

-Rob
I wish to point out that it isn't always a great idea to have people get their own MDE account if they aren't really interested in being involved with the planning. For example, my husband takes no part in planning our trips but he got his own account so he could follow along with our schedule on the phone app while actually on a trip. Now I can only manage his bands and ticket media by logging out of my account and logging into his. Also, on our last trip, even though I made the reservation as I always do through my account, for some reason I could only customize the family's magicband order and do online check in through his account. They're little things, but it makes the process less smooth and we both wish he had just stayed managed by me. He now also has the power to cancel or delete things like ADRs, FPs and resort reservations. After a couple of unfortunate accidents he has now promised to never log in again. I wish we could delete his account and put him back under mine but we always seem to have an active annual pass or reservation. I don't think I can reverse things until we have a period with nothing scheduled, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

scottriehm

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all the advice. After logging in today with plenty of time set aside to try resolving the issue (and not trying to juggle multiple other tasks) I called the tech desk, which said that the wait would be 15+ minutes I decided to try troubleshooting first while listening to some awesome music thanks to the tech desk. Since we had our reservations for both December and March already linked, I would try to use that to my advantage. I realized that both accounts were managed by me and I had originally thought that one was managed by me and another was managed by my brother. I'm fairly certain this was true at one point. After looking closely I noticed that I could manipulate the name and character for both accounts. I gave one of the accounts a title and a character, went to the reservations page, and the linked account for her did not reflect the title and character that I tried, so I went back and gave a different title and character to the other account. Going back to the reservations page, the changes I made showed up. Relieved, I checked the March reservation, and thankfully I somehow managed to put them both under the same account.

At this point, I'm just glad that I was able to make them differentiable and probably shouldn't have pushed my luck, knowing how good I am at screwing things up on accident. Looking deeper into the second account that I now know isn't connected to anything, I can delete it!!!! So now, at the very least, I only see one version of mom when trying to make FastPasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom