MDE Android app updated

Rob562

Original Poster
An update to version 2.1 was just pushed through to the MDE app on my Android phone today. It was a total re-design from the old version, so I presume this is the graphic interface that iPhone users have had for a couple months now.

Haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but just from the couple minutes I've used it it definitely runs a lot faster than what I was used to.

Since it's v. 2.1 rather than 2.0, I wonder if there's also an update out for iPhone users. Perhaps someone who's on-site can look into whether the rolling 4th FP+ has been added to the app.

-Rob

SAV

I got back home last Thursday and was very comfortable with the old version of the App since I had just used it extensively for 10 days. I just downloaded the new update and I do like it better already. Definitely quicker to use.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I just got my current phone last September so it is not that old but it is just not fair that MDE is incompatible.
What phone do you have? You may just need a software update
Check and see if you are still running "Gingerbread (2.3–2.3.7) or Honeycomb (3.0–3.2.6)"
If so, under your settings, you should have the option to check for a software or system update. Then follow the instructions and download the new software and enjoy the MDE app!:D

Last edited:

walter1901

Check and see if you are still running "Gingerbread (2.3–2.3.7) or Honeycomb (3.0–3.2.6)"
If so, under your settings, you should have the option to check for a software or system update. Then follow the instructions and download the new software and enjoy the MDE app!:D

I don't know, I'd have to find the box. :D

walter1901

I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, and it says my system is up to date.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, and it says my system is up to date.
Ahhh it does come with Gingerbread (2010 software) and they never official released any more software updates for the Galaxy Proclaim, even though the phone just came out in 2012. Weird!
I just tried to see if I could find an ice cream sandwich update for you elsewhere but apparently Ice Cream Sandwich is such a large file, that it would easily take up almost all of your phone storage. Plus quite a few people reported their phones crashing after downloading it.:(
Sorry I tried.
It sucks for me because MDE app is no longer compatible on Android Tablets and that is pretty much what I use to plan our trips.:bawling:
Maybe they will release versions compatible with more android devices.

walter1901

Ahhh it does come with Gingerbread (2010 software) and they never official released any more software updates for the Galaxy Proclaim, even though the phone just came out in 2012. Weird!
I just tried to see if I could find an ice cream sandwich update for you elsewhere but apparently Ice Cream Sandwich is such a large file, that it would easily take up almost all of your phone storage. Plus quite a few people reported their phones crashing after downloading it.:(
Sorry I tried.
It sucks for me because MDE app is no longer compatible on Android Tablets and that is pretty much what I use to plan our trips.:bawling:
Maybe they will release versions compatible with more android devices.

Thanks for looking! Maybe they will release more versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom