MDE and mobile ordering

007mickey

Original Poster
Have not been to the world in several years and we are tentatively planning a trip for the summer. My question is, we will be a group of 6 traveling, two parents and 4 college age kids. There will be times when we will not all be together for meals. Can the kids be logged on to our MDE account at the same time we are and place mobile food orders? Just trying to keep it simple for payment purposes since we are picking up all the charges.

Rob562

Have not been to the world in several years and we are tentatively planning a trip for the summer. My question is, we will be a group of 6 traveling, two parents and 4 college age kids. There will be times when we will not all be together for meals. Can the kids be logged on to our MDE account at the same time we are and place mobile food orders? Just trying to keep it simple for payment purposes since we are picking up all the charges.

In theory, yes.
But you may want to consider alternative options, since you run into the possibility of the occasionally-unpredictable MDE system not liking it if you both happen to try using it at the same time.

First off, regardless of the Mobile Ordering situation, I always suggest that every adult on a trip have their own My Disney Experience account. Then inter-connect everyone on the trip as friends. This gives the most flexibility when a group splits up. It also minimizes the potential issues on future trips that aren't with you, making sure that things like MagicBands they may have on their account are good on the future trips. (Because the Bands will be "owned" by each person rather than the master account holder who controls multiple "managed by them" profiles)

Second, when you check in and set up room charging, you can have them link everyone's room charge account to your credit card. That will cover any in-person ordering and shopping.

However, since mobile ordering apparently still doesn't allow for room charging, your alternative to having your kids use your MDE account is to have each of them log into their own MDE account before the trip and then save *your* credit card info as the Payment Method on their account. That's what the MDE app will use when they use Mobile Ordering, however the order itself will be made through their MDE account login, not yours.

Hope that helps.

-Rob

007mickey

Original Poster
In theory, yes.
But you may want to consider alternative options, since you run into the possibility of the occasionally-unpredictable MDE system not liking it if you both happen to try using it at the same time.

First off, regardless of the Mobile Ordering situation, I always suggest that every adult on a trip have their own My Disney Experience account. Then inter-connect everyone on the trip as friends. This gives the most flexibility when a group splits up. It also minimizes the potential issues on future trips that aren't with you, making sure that things like MagicBands they may have on their account are good on the future trips. (Because the Bands will be "owned" by each person rather than the master account holder who controls multiple "managed by them" profiles)

Second, when you check in and set up room charging, you can have them link everyone's room charge account to your credit card. That will cover any in-person ordering and shopping.

However, since mobile ordering apparently still doesn't allow for room charging, your alternative to having your kids use your MDE account is to have each of them log into their own MDE account before the trip and then save *your* credit card info as the Payment Method on their account. That's what the MDE app will use when they use Mobile Ordering, however the order itself will be made through their MDE account login, not yours.

Hope that helps.

-Rob
Thanks for the info Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom