MDE and Dining plan

PBen

Original Poster
In the past, my dining plan has shown up on Disney's website. Purchased the Play, Stay and Dine package from Canadian Travel agent. Finally got tickets to show up properly after last update 33 days before travel. Hotel reservations and FF+ are fine. No place on MDE does it show that we have a Dining Plan. Is it showing up on other people's MDE? Don't want to arrive in late Jan 14 to find it's not attached. Travel agent has checked and Disney says it is on their website.

Betsyboo

On my MDE it shows my dining plan under the Disney Hotel Reservation section. It shows Check In, Check Out, Room Type, Guests and then Dining Plan.

PBen

Original Poster
Well that's where I thought it should be too. Nothing there at all. Though I just found an email that I had missed from Disney detailing our trip which states that we have "Magic Your Way plus Dining". However it has a different reservation number than MDE does. I'm thinking that a hotel only number has been inputted into MDE. Since we booked from Canada, I called Disney to get my Disney reservation number as the Can paperwork doesn't always provide the right one. The tickets have now been linked on MDE and they had been missing until 33 days before trip which was just last week. Don't know whether the Dining plan will be linked on the Bands or not now. Also have errors with the Magical Express as it is showing on my mother's reservation but not ours. All booked as one trip.

ABQ

Well that's where I thought it should be too. Nothing there at all. Though I just found an email that I had missed from Disney detailing our trip which states that we have "Magic Your Way plus Dining". However it has a different reservation number than MDE does. I'm thinking that a hotel only number has been inputted into MDE. Since we booked from Canada, I called Disney to get my Disney reservation number as the Can paperwork doesn't always provide the right one. The tickets have now been linked on MDE and they had been missing until 33 days before trip which was just last week. Don't know whether the Dining plan will be linked on the Bands or not now. Also have errors with the Magical Express as it is showing on my mother's reservation but not ours. All booked as one trip.
A similar thing happened regarding the Magical Express of a recent trip of mine. Had one guest's name on everything, the luggage tags, room name and all. However, it didn't actually hinder anything, just made it a little awkward as CM's kept asking for her. One CM informed me it was a common "easy way out" for one person who had some involvement on Disney's end to take a short cut and just copy the one guest down the entire reservation. Lazy, in other words. Have a good trip, I'm sure they'll be able to link your bands to your dining plan.

PBen

Original Poster
Yes. When we booked, I called Disney directly to get them to link the correct reservation number. When I book through the Can. travel agency, I don't get Disney's reservation number. So called Disney got their number and had them add the reservation to MDE. Called a couple of times while trying to get the park tickets added correctly too. Disney couldn't help until the Can travel company updated Disney. Have been working on getting the correct info for weeks. Everything is correct now except the Dining plan. Just not sure whether to worry about it or not since I do have an email from Disney confirming the Dining plan as part of the reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom