MB and split stays

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I've never done a split stay since the magic bands have gone into effect. On the day I change hotels which band do I use to get into the parks and will have my fp+ or does it not matter on that cross over day?

StarWarsGirl

It doesn't matter. You'll get bands for both reservations; however, any bands that are on your MDE account and listed as active will work. You can use whichever band to get into the park you want and whichever band to open your door and so on. So you can order different colored band and wear whichever one best matches your outfit on a particular day. ;)

seafoodbuffet

Just to add to this, we have a set of MB's from our previous visit. On our most recent visit, they issued MB's for each of the two resorts where we stayed (we also had a split stay). We wanted to limit the number of MBs attached to our account, we just left them all as default gray and when we checked in, the cast member deactivated the unused gray bands for us. You can manage all of them in your MDE account (web or mobile app). If you leave the ones you don't want as gray, you can easily tell which is which.

Our original MB's worked the entire time. The only tricky part is that during the window where you've checked out of resort #1 and haven't yet checked into resort #2, you can't room charge to your MB.

Tom

Beta Return
We stayed at 3 resorts in March (1 night BWV, cruise, 3 nights GFV, 2 nights WLV), so we each received 3 bands for that trip.

We just went again last weekend, staying at POR. So we each received another bands, for a total of 4 each.

We took all of our bands, just to test it out, and every single band opened our room. They also worked (for the most part) during our 3-way-split stay in March, with every band working as our tickets and opening each new room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom