MB and Room-Only Question

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Trying to decide if we want to book 2-nights at CSR before our cruise. We will be returning to the parks after the cruise (but staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the week). Just curious if you get magic bands (for room keys) or if they issue regular hotel-type room keys when doing a room-only reservation?

HurricaneHanna

You do get magic bands with room only reservations. If you link your park tickets on your My Disney Experience account the bands will work for your park entry when you return from your cruise and stay off site.

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Excellent! Thank you so much :) I just didn't want to go ahead and buy the MB ahead of time and find out I could've save a few $ by getting bands from booking the room (which I'm pretty sold on--we already have the Disney cruise transfer from the airport, we'll just change it to pick us up from the resort instead)!

Tom

Beta Return
Yup, anytime you book a reservation that includes a Disney resort hotel stay, you get Magic Bands. If you're staying on site again after the cruise, you'll receive bands for both reservations.

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Yup, anytime you book a reservation that includes a Disney resort hotel stay, you get Magic Bands. If you're staying on site again after the cruise, you'll receive bands for both reservations.
That is great to know! Thanks :) I asked this questions, buried in another thread, but know you are the master and guru of all things WDW-related :p Since we will be staying for the 2-days before the cruise, and have our tickets purchased already (and can link them to the MB), I know we can make FP 60 days out, but since we are coming back from the cruise and our tickets will still be within 14-days of their 1st-days' use, are able to make FB for those days after our cruise (based off of that 1st stay)? Or do we have to have a whole new reservation? Sorry if a bit confusing...I find since the introduction of MDE, there is a whole lot of "what-if" scenarios that never used to be!

HurricaneHanna

That is great to know! Thanks :) I asked this questions, buried in another thread, but know you are the master and guru of all things WDW-related :p Since we will be staying for the 2-days before the cruise, and have our tickets purchased already (and can link them to the MB), I know we can make FP 60 days out, but since we are coming back from the cruise and our tickets will still be within 14-days of their 1st-days' use, are able to make FB for those days after our cruise (based off of that 1st stay)? Or do we have to have a whole new reservation? Sorry if a bit confusing...I find since the introduction of MDE, there is a whole lot of "what-if" scenarios that never used to be!
You can do the FPs 60 days ahead of the arrival day of an onsite stay and for up to 10 days or the length of stay for that reservation. So in your case you'll only be able to make them 60 days ahead for the two days prior to your cruise.

Tom

Beta Return

You're giving me WAY too much credit! I just know a little bit about some things.

But as Hurricane said, I'm pretty sure the system cuts off your 60 day privileges with the end of your first stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom