may trip

Firewolfe51

Hi friends, Got back this week from one of the best trip I have ever been on to WDW! Arrived friday the 2nd, we stayed at the Caribbean beach resort (aruba island). Went to Epcot and MK on saturday, MGM and AK on sunday. With the exception of test track no line was longer than 15 minutes. Test track was about 45 and broke down twice! This was truly a wonderful trip, even got to ride up front of monorail black. Already planning our next trip!!!!!

miles1

How was the CBR?

We're looking at going in October and considering either the CBR or off site. Our last trip was in October 2001, and while it was very enjoyable, we found the room and the food court at the resort to be a little disappointing. We're hoping that last year's refurbishment and additions to the CBR would eliminate these shortcomings. We never used the bus service since we rented a car.

So, how did you find the hotel? Is the food court any better? Did the rooms still reek of cigarette smoke?

Thanks for your advice.

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
Hello to miles1, I am Firewolfe51's fiance'. Our trip at the CBR was great. Never stayed @ a moderate resort before. The room was nice and didn't smell like cig smoke. We were in a king, no smoking room, so request one that is non-smoking. The food court was expensive, but evertyhing is at DW. I thought it was neat the way the food court was set up. Don't know what it looked like previously. Everything was very clean, as well. I would give it another chance, if I were you. You might think the refurb did it a lot of good!!!!! I would stay there again, but next trip we are so at the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Upvote 0

kksmom

We just returned from Disney as well. We were there from the 3rd - 10th. It was wonderful, but man was is HOT!!!!!! I thought we would get a break from the heat going in early May, but Mother Nature had other thoughts. Not a drop of rain all week though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The crowds were manageable, it seemed that Fantasyland was hit the heaviest. Tuesday was much more crowded than Friday at MK. We went to Universal Studios on Monday and never waited longer than 10 minutes for anything.

This was my first trip. I read these boards religiously for about 8 months prior to going. I was very thankful for all of the tips that I read. Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences.

The number 1 tip that I picked up and that everyone should take advantage of was the frozen water bottles. My family was very thankful for that bit of advice!!! :sohappy:

Now I have to look forward to planning another trip - or should I save saving for another trip!

Upvote 0

amanda

May is one of my fav times to go to DW. The crowds arent usually to bad and it is hot (although i like he hot weather). We are going on May 23. I cant wait!!!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom