May Travel to WDW

Magic Maniacs

My husband and I are considering going to Walt Disney World mid May. Our past 4 trips there were all taken in December. Has anyone out there had any good or bad experiances at WDW in May? We wanted to take advantage of the Water Parks which are closed (except for Blizzard Beach) in December. Any info would be greatly appreciated:D

tmp

My wife and I have gone there in May 3 out of the past 4 years. It is really not that crowed (sandwich in between spring break and the summer.) It is alot hotter in May then it would be in December, but it really is a good time to go. Epcot always has a Flower and Garden fesitval during that time whick is pretty good. The only time I have enjoyed Disney more then May would be in Sept/Oct. It is not as hot then, but then seems to be when alot of attractions start to go down and in May you really will not have that problem.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

May is my favorite time of the year to go. (I have been every month except February and March)

Having been almost every month I like May because the trees have all grown out from losing their leaves during the winter and all the landscaping looks so beautiful. During the winter, a lot looks drab and in the summer, the heat can just really put a strain on the flowers and plants. The landscaping at Disney really makes the parks look their best. During the Month of May the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is not to be missed. It is spectacular (that of course is the top reason it is my favorite time to go). The weather is ideal in my opinion. It can be cool in the mornings (to a Floridian), but warm up during the day for time at the water parks or a dip in the pool. Believe it or not, I still prefer the hot tub in May. It very seldom rains that month except for an occassional afternoon shower, but has rarely happened during our visits. It is not very crowded because spring breaks are over and most schools are still in session. Luckily our district gets out May 22nd and we leave May 23rd for Disney for five nights! Yippee, can't wait.

I think you will find all the conditions ideal in May. Hope you enjoy your trip.:)

Upvote 0

VWL-DVCer

We've taken many trips in May and we love it also. You can get the 90's some days but mostly it's mid to high 80's. The crowds aren't huge, but the weather is perfect for the water parks. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Disneyphile15

Travel In May

I have been travelling to WDW, twice a year, since 1995. These days, I go there in early December and mid to late May. After many trips I have decided that the weather and crowds are most favorable at these times. I seldom have to wait more than ten to fifteen minutes for any attraction. Have fun. Jim.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom