May 9 thru 20 Trip Report

Just got back from a great 12 days at WDW with my wife. Not going to go into details of every day and every step. Can tell that the crowds seemed to be larger than the past 2 years we were here in May.

The wait lines were never really bad. The longest line we had was about 30 minutes for Pirates of the Caribbean, but I think they were having some mechanical problems. Rode Mission Space on 2 different days and the wait time was 5 minutes both times. Rode Big Thunder Mountain several times on different days and the longest wait was listed at 25 minutes, but only took about 15 minutes. Splash Mountain was usually around 35 to 50 minutes and we FP it. Space Mountain was only 5 minutes the day we rode it.

While riding the Tomorrowland® Transit Authority during the part the goes through Space Mountain they had the lights on and the Space Mountain was stopped. Really a sight to see.

Got to experience WDW's New Extra Magic Hour. They kept open each park 3 hours later one night each week for guest staying at any WDW resort. This was a 2 week test and I really hope that it becomes a full time feature in the future. At the Animal Kingdom the animals on the Safari were the most active we have ever seen them.

Stayed at Pop Century and it was great. Very nostalgic for us old people (50). Only thing we didn't like about Pop Century was the parking. Either they didn't allow enough spaces or more people are driving.

Our plans were no Alarm Clocks, no reservations (did a couple of PS Dinners, but didn't book them until the day we had them), and no plans. Stopped and smelled the Rose's on a couple of occasions. Met some really great people and relaxed.

Will be posting photos as soon as I get caught up on my work.

Joe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom