Maximum days for Fastpass+

stillgoofy

Original Poster
Yesterday, I successfully customized my Magic Bands and made Fastpass+ reservations for our November trip (thanks to the tips on another thread). But I was only able to make Fastpass+ reservations for 7 days and we will be there for 9 days. It stated that we reached our maximum days and if I want to get Fastpass+ for day 8, I would have to forfeit another day of Fastpass+ in trade. We have AP's but are only staying onsite (Pop 11/9) for one night and will be offsite for another week.

Has anyone else run into problems with hitting the maximum of 7 days for Fastpass+?

stevehousse

Yesterday, I successfully customized my Magic Bands and made Fastpass+ reservations for our November trip (thanks to the tips on another thread). But I was only able to make Fastpass+ reservations for 7 days and we will be there for 9 days. It stated that we reached our maximum days and if I want to get Fastpass+ for day 8, I would have to forfeit another day of Fastpass+ in trade. We have AP's but are only staying onsite (Pop 11/9) for one night and will be offsite for another week.

Has anyone else run into problems with hitting the maximum of 7 days for Fastpass+?

I think the roll out is for resort guests only, so once you check out of your hotel, I don't think you can have access to it, because Disney thinks you are not there anymore. The roll out has had nothing to do with "day guests" yet...I would call and see if that is the case because it seems more than likely that is what's happening...

dreamfinder

I'd wager it has to do with the length of your stay, and the fact you are using an AP. People have been questioning all long how they would be handling AP holders, and you may have found out. Limited AP holders staying offsite to a set number of reservations per month/quarter/year something will need to be done to keep APs from just booking FP+ for every weekend just in case they go to the parks.

stillgoofy

Original Poster
I'd wager it has to do with the length of your stay, and the fact you are using an AP. People have been questioning all long how they would be handling AP holders, and you may have found out. Limited AP holders staying offsite to a set number of reservations per month/quarter/year something will need to be done to keep APs from just booking FP+ for every weekend just in case they go to the parks.

I guess that makes sense. We come twice a year for a couple weeks each time and ususally stay onsite for the whole time but maybe since we're only onsite this time for 1 night they set the maximum of 7 days for Fastpass+. I'd hate to think if we stay onsite for 14 nights as we usually do, that we would only get 7 days Fastpass+. I'd be interested to see how this pans out for others.

Rob562

Dreamfinder is correct. These were the limitations on AP's that had been mentioned as the probable solution. Presumably if you're linked to a resort stay and you have an AP you'll have full access to as many days as your reservation. But once you check out you're limited to 7.

And to stevehousse, once a current AP-holder stays on-site during the test and gets a MagicBand, they retain access to the FP+ system even after they check out. I have friends with AP's who stayed last week and they can book FP+ reservations into November (though presumably they'd be limited to the 7-day booking maximum.

-Rob

stillgoofy

Original Poster
Dreamfinder is correct. These were the limitations on AP's that had been mentioned as the probable solution. Presumably if you're linked to a resort stay and you have an AP you'll have full access to as many days as your reservation. But once you check out you're limited to 7.

And to stevehousse, once a current AP-holder stays on-site during the test and gets a MagicBand, they retain access to the FP+ system even after they check out. I have friends with AP's who stayed last week and they can book FP+ reservations into November (though presumably they'd be limited to the 7-day booking maximum.

-Rob

Very helpful info. At least I know it won't affect future long term stays when we stay onsite for a couple weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom