Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Following the success of Loki and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Michael Waldron looks to be in line for another high-profile Marvel property as sources tell Deadline he is set to write Avengers: Secret Wars for Marvel Studios. Deadline recently broke that Jeff Loveness was on board to write Avengers: The Kang Dynasty following the news Destin Daniel Cretton would direct Kang Dynasty for Marvel Studios and now both films have locked up there writers. Insiders add Secret Wars will have its own director though its assumed all parties will be in touch while the films are in development. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is producing.

Marvel Studios had no comment.

Just like The Kang Dynasty, plot details are being kept under wraps. The film was part of the massive unveiling of the future phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at this summer’s San Diego Comic-Con, including its new release date which is Nov. 8, 2025.

Insiders say meetings for the job took place last month and while a number of writers met, many believed Waldron was the front-runner given how much trust the studio has in the writer. Waldron has been on a roll with the studio over the last year starting with last years smash hit Loki series for Disney+. Waldron served as exec producer and showrunner on the series which was so popular it became one of few Marvel series to receive a second season renewal. That series is currently in production.

On the film side, he recently help deliver one of Marvel’s bigger movies in post-pandemic times with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The film bowed in May and has grossed more than $950 million at worldwide box-office. Waldron is also currently developing and writing Kevin Feige’s secret Star Wars film for Lucasfilm."

Lucky Rabbit

Makes sense. Between Loki, Multiverse of Madness, and Loki Season 2 he’s really developing the multiverse.

I’m very curious how these two Avenger movies will interact, or will the cast be almost completely different? Infinity War/Endgame were the same directors on a joint shoot. I guess if Kang and Secret Wars both film in Atlanta it could make more crossover possible.

Lucky Rabbit

He may be writing it, but I have a strong suspicion that Feige at least WANTS Coogler to direct it.
That be my guess too, and probably the best option. A dark horse could be Shawn Levy. Between Stranger Things, Free Guy, and the Adam Project he’s been able to handle big spectacles. It wouldn’t shock me to see him go from Deadpool 3 to Secret Wars.

Jedijax719

That be my guess too, and probably the best option. A dark horse could be Shawn Levy. Between Stranger Things, Free Guy, and the Adam Project he’s been able to handle big spectacles. It wouldn’t shock me to see him go from Deadpool 3 to Secret Wars.
OR the Duffer Bros themselves for that matter HA lol. But seriously, production would bump up way too close to production/filming/post for ST season 5.

Maybe X-Men if they want the Duffers/Levey to do MCU stuff. My guess is X-Men for May, 2026 release.

Jedijax719

Seems like they're ready to announce something new for either July or November 2025.

Wonder if we're going to get a 3rd Black Panther movie that year. Or maybe a second Shang Chi movie.

Okay, now that I thought about it, perhaps they are going to put Armor Wars into that slot. That makes most sense.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom