Marvel Spotlight

doctornick

Original Poster
I was trying to find a general Marvel/MCU thread to post on but didn’t find any. I wanted to talk about an apparent new branding of “Marvel Spotlight” being used for Echo.

Marvel Spotlight

So I think this is a great and overdue idea. One thing that I have found to the MCU’s detriment is that there is “too much” out there for more casual fans to watch and remember. When it was just 2-3 films a year, you can keep most people engaged but the proliferation of hours of TV programming seems to have had a negative effect and contributing to “comic book fatigue”.

It sounds like Marvel Spotlight will be used to showcase other properties that aren’t essential to the mainstream MCU “story” but are still canon. That allows for more freedom for different characters and storylines (even TV-MA content as in this case) while not making it “required reading” to get the Multiverse Saga etc. I think they should have been doing this all along, only having (say) 2 series a year that are critical to the films and main MCU story but allowing for other shows that can be enjoyed by people wanting to delve deeper or desiring extra content.

This also seems like a good way to allow for more adult content as part of the MCU while not excluding younger fans from the main story.

Curious to see how this evolves.

EPCOT-O.G.

I was trying to find a general Marvel/MCU thread to post on but didn’t find any. I wanted to talk about an apparent new branding of “Marvel Spotlight” being used for Echo.

Marvel Spotlight

So I think this is a great and overdue idea. One thing that I have found to the MCU’s detriment is that there is “too much” out there for more casual fans to watch and remember. When it was just 2-3 films a year, you can keep most people engaged but the proliferation of hours of TV programming seems to have had a negative effect and contributing to “comic book fatigue”.

It sounds like Marvel Spotlight will be used to showcase other properties that aren’t essential to the mainstream MCU “story” but are still canon. That allows for more freedom for different characters and storylines (even TV-MA content as in this case) while not making it “required reading” to get the Multiverse Saga etc. I think they should have been doing this all along, only having (say) 2 series a year that are critical to the films and main MCU story but allowing for other shows that can be enjoyed by people wanting to delve deeper or desiring extra content.

This also seems like a good way to allow for more adult content as part of the MCU while not excluding younger fans from the main story.

So not an elseworlds thing (different, pocket universe) but still canon? Hmm. Interesting, but feels like it unnecessarily diminishes the product?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Marvel Spotlight

There's a general here below. I missed your post when I posted into it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom