Rumor Marvel Land in Shanghai

Timothy_Q

It's disingenuous to call it a Studio Park (not that I believe these plans are even remotely near enough to be real).

It would be an Islands of Adventure Park. Which is what the Studios are halfway attempting to become, but haven't quite yet.
I was gonna say the same thing.

"Studio Parks" are out.
Neither Disney or Universal want them anymore.

Hence Diagon Alley and Galaxy's Edge

EarthboundChild

Yeah. My bad for calling them studio parks since that's on another threshold entirely. I still hold my point on my distaste towards park design heading towards different themed lands eclectically put together (similar to what Universal's Epic Universe will likely be) as opposed to a well central-themed park overall ala old EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Tokyo DisneySea.

Tank Man

I always thought there would be a Marvel section built in that current plot of land where the "Star Wars Launch Bay" equivalent is currently situated. There's a good amount of room there to replace what's there with a full fledged Marvel section.

I am not enjoying the thought of Shanghai's second gate basically being a "Studio Park." It's just so uninspired but sounds exactly like something that Chapek would do. It's not bold or exciting like the original EPCOT, Animal Kingdom or Tokyo DisneySea. Studios Park at Disneyland Paris is undergoing a much needed transformation, but while what's replacing it will likely be much better it's such a mishmash of eclectic lands that it's just terrible in regards to theming.

Basically if Iger/Chapek was to do a Castle park today without Walt's template we would definitely get something more akin to Universal Studios Florida than Magic Kingdom.
Yeah,
And we have only had Chapek since 2017 (If I am correct) and like nobody here likes him. If we had a good designer he would go with maybe a new Epcot inspired by Walt’s original idea and the magic of possibilities (the new one) is. Or they could just do a Westcot but in China. We were lucky to get Shanghai the way as Chapek was around the corner.
Also reviewtyme mentioned this, we need more inspiring and unique Disney parks. Like DisneySea or Epcot. Unique ones or maybe a new idea overall and the Oriental land company is amazing and without Chapek it makes them better.
Note: I am saying that the company that owns TokyoDisney is amazing and Chapek is the complete opposite.
When Igor leaves, Chapek should to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom