Marriott Grande Vista

jimmy5575

Original Poster
Has anyone ever stayed at Marriott's Vacation Club Grande Vista resort? If so about how long of a drive is it from MK and DTD? Any other important info about the resort that we should know?

Thanks,
Jim

jasondiff

I am staying there the last week in August. If you can wait that long I can give you lots of info after I arrive. You may have to PM me to remind me in case I lose track of this thread.

As for distance, it's very close to Sea World so any distance/time estimates from Sea World are going to be about the same as Marriott Grande Vista. Figure 10 minutes to DTD, 20 minutes to MK.

disney4life2008

Here is my Review from January 09 (Trip Asvisor)

I loved the resort. However, a few complaints.

On check in day. I was told my room would be ready at the check in time - when I arrived to my room - housekeeping was still in the room cleaning the oven. She stressed that a housekeeper had cleaned the room earlier in the day but that she did not clean the oven well enough and left the room dirty - so she was cleaning after the original housekeeper. She then told me that I could come back in a hour and she could finish cleaning or she suggested we call the front desk. I called the front desk to complain and they were rather oblivious about the situation (this was at 630pm at night) and after a long day I was furious that the front desk was not more helpful. In the meantime, the housekeeper disappeared - never to be seen again. I called the front desk again and they said, they would get on it ASAP. The 2nd day, I went to front desk to remind them about my oven needing to be cleaned (it was filthy) - they said they would personally go to the room after a housekeeper went there to make sure it was up to "Marriott Standards". However, when I got back to the room that night, the oven was not touched. It was ridiculous.

My other complaint is that the whirlpool tub in the room did not work really well - after several calls to the front desk, they sent a maintenance person who got it working but several minutes after he left, it stopped working again.

A minor beware- there are ants in the room. I found a whole bunch of them by the balcony area before we left and did not realize they were there.

The grounds are beautifully maintained. The main pool area is stunning as is the lake and other pools. Construction shut down a lot of the amenity areas but those were not missed.

Oh yea, one more complaint: Every morning between 6am and 10am (automated calls came in from Marriott Vacation Club about going on a tour. Im not talking one call, im talking several calls all morning long and to top it off, all day long with additional calls from the MAZE about their activities for the day. It got very irritating.

The MAZE activities were great and the nightly entertainment at the bar was nice.

On check out day, beware that housekeeping will begin knocking on your door between 6am and 7am. My 1st knock was at 630am and continous knocks lated until 8am when I opened the door and the housekeeping lady told me that it was check out day and I had to be out soon. VERY RUDE. From up to the second we left the room for good, she kept pacing back and forth in front of the room waiting for us to leave.

I loved the resort but I had a very disappointing personal stay at the resort.

• Liked — balancy view of the lake and pool and lots of palm trees.
  • Disliked — dirty oven at check in that was never cleaned during our stay as promised by staff.

My parents have owned a timeshare as the Marriott Grande Vista being there home resort for about 10 years. The place is amazing, so roomy and comfy. I have gone 10+ times and it is always a wonderful stay. It;s about a 15 minute drive to Disney area/parks. Well worth the travel. The Nick Faldo golf course is nice to play on too. Good luck

zachrupertdsn

Me and my girlfriend are staying here in nine days, my sister stayed here and said it is great, does anyone know when the pool closes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom