Married in at WDW

Tim G

gary_flower said:
Has anyone or is anyone getting married at WDW?
I am in december and i would like some advice.:confused:
Yep!

But that was some time ago... even before the wedding chapel was build, we got married in the Grand Floridian...

Upvote 0

col

gary_flower said:

where about?

the wedding chapel, boardwalk or wilderness lodge or where ever?

that sounds very romantic. hope you have a fab day!!:)

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

I got married at the Wilderness Lodge back in 2001. It was an intimate ceremony (hubby, me, my parents, my Aunt & Uncle). How many people are you planning to invite to yours? That will be a big factor in how much you end up spending.

Check out www.disneyweddings.com to get more information from Disney directly.

Upvote 0

TrentMom

gary_flower said:

Hi Gary Flower. I work with a lady, whose daughter is a Disney World Wedding Planner. What are you questions? I can see if she can call her daughter and get you some answers.

Trentmom

Upvote 0

McArcDes

My Fiance and I are getting married at the Boardwalk on Sept. 30th this year. We have made the arraingments, put down the money, picked a reverend and bought the wedding dress. We are having 18 guests all family and one close friend and his wife. 8 of the guests are kids. my 4, her 2 and her sisters 2. We are going to get our pictures taken at the castle in our wedding attire and are hoping to spend a week at the poly in a room with a view of the castle for our honeymoon.. A beautiful and fitting conclusion to our year long engagement which started last Halloween at MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
McArcDes said:
My Fiance and I are getting married at the Boardwalk on Sept. 30th this year. We have made the arraingments, put down the money, picked a reverend and bought the wedding dress. We are having 18 guests all family and one close friend and his wife. 8 of the guests are kids. my 4, her 2 and her sisters 2. We are going to get our pictures taken at the castle in our wedding attire and are hoping to spend a week at the poly in a room with a view of the castle for our honeymoon.. A beautiful and fitting conclusion to our year long engagement which started last Halloween at MNSSHP.
Sounds like a special moment. Congrats and good luck!!!

Upvote 0

gary_flower

Original Poster
We came back form out planning visit 2 weeks ago and we got alot of our plans sorted. cake, flower etc... it sounds amazing.
Im getting married on the 5th at the Yacht club gazebo, reception at the boardwalk followed by a dessert party in epcot.
My question isnt about the wedding really. I was wondering if any of you have some ideas of what i could do for my fiancé/wife by then to kind of say thanks for putting up with me and for getting married to me. very sloppy etc.. but she's has alot going on this year. lossing her job while were trying to get a house and plan a wedding. Something special she hasnt done.
So nice to hear from people who have got married at WDW. Im sure if i asked you all would say it was amazing and the best thing you have done!
Thanks in advance
Gary

Upvote 0

goofntink

We got married at Disney last July, and went with the works. We did everything with the planners so they knew what my wife wanted. She was under the impression we were doing the least expensive one. Little did she know I had talked to them previously,and explained what I wanted to really do. That was my wedding present to her, for the same thing basically putting up with me, and still wanting to marry me. My advice do all the silly things involved with a wedding celebrated at Disney, Get the silly Bride and Groom hats, act like little kids, and have a blast. Don't worry about what people may think, they will laugh right along with you.May you both have a long and happy life together. And the best advice I can give you is what my father told me.. Love her for who she is, who she will be, and for who she will help you become.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

My husband put up with the hat as long as he could (he was starting to get a dent in his forehead from it though, so we switched to pins) He got me as a surprise wedding gift the bride and groom waterglobe. We had conceirge level at the Wilderness Lodge as a special gift from Disney. Other than that we didn't really do anything else special (we were both out of work at the time, my parents paid the wedding and honeymoon as a gift to us) We did get to see fireworks on our balcony the evening of our wedding, we had a good view of the castle from our room. It was magical.

Upvote 0

gary_flower

Original Poster
thank you for your ideas but sadly were are already doing all that.
she is very organised and knows what she wants.
Thats why i need to come up with something different. something she hasnt done the 9 times she has gone. which is harder than i thought. im sure ill think of something in the end. but any more ideas of something to do or a pressie would really help.
thanks again guys.

Upvote 0

Mr. Tom Morrow

Hi Gary – sounds like you have the same wedding planned (location wise) as my wife and I had 5 years ago. Our wedding was also at the Yacht Club gazebo, dinner was at Ariel’s at the Beach Club and a desert party at the UK terrace during Illuminations. I do have a suggestion, unless your fiancé is already planning on this. I set up a surprise session at the Grand Floridian Spa for my wife and her maid of honor for the morning of our wedding. Oh and I just realized, your getting married on the very day I become a cast member at the Canadian Pavilion! Congratulations.

Upvote 0

gary_flower

Original Poster
FairyTaleCouple said:
:eek: Your getting married at the Yacht club on the 5th?!! We are getting married at the Yacht club on the 8th! Don't steal all our thunder! lol

lol, well try not to. congrat's. such a nice place for a wedding hey :sohappy:

Ps congrats Tom. thats my next task. to work at disney. thanks for the idea. thats sounds good. keep them coming if you can

Upvote 0

wild01ride

gary_flower said:
Thats why i need to come up with something different. something she hasnt done the 9 times she has gone. which is harder than i thought. im sure ill think of something in the end. but any more ideas of something to do or a pressie would really help.
thanks again guys.

How about Hidden Mickey hunting? My parents start to do that now each time they go. When they come back, they brag about theirs and when my girlfriend and I come back, we brag about ours! Kind of a "friendly competition!" :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom