Mark Parker to Be Named Chairman of the Walt Disney Company

Slpy3270

Can't imagine too many people are going to side with Peltz, personally.
Depends on whether or not loyal Disney investors who have owned the company for decades have any patience left. It was one of the many factors that led to Time Warner getting sold to AT&T; it was either that or investors would break the thing up.

But Bob Iger isn't Jeff Bewkes. And he actually cares about his legacy.

Disstevefan1

You don't have to buy that the earth is round, either. But reality will be what reality is despite your beliefs.
Super poor analogy!

It's a physical and scientific fact the earth is round.

The term limit is something we were told was a rule and rules are made to be broken and (probably could be extended) depending on the induvial.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The term limit is something we were told was a rule and rules are made to be broken and (probably could be extended) depending on the induvial.
I don't know if their bylaws would allow a simple vote of the board to extend a Director's term limit or if it would have to be voted on by the stockholders at the annual meeting. And neither do you. Unless we do some research.

But you acknowledge it's a rule.

We means that there is no willy-nilly 'churn' going on.

Disstevefan1

I don't know if their bylaws would allow a simple vote of the board to extend a Director's term limit or if it would have to be voted on by the stockholders at the annual meeting. And neither do you. Unless we do some research.

But you acknowledge it's a rule.

We means that there is no willy-nilly 'churn' going on.
You misread my post. I said, "The term limit is something we were told was a rule".

It doesn't matter, I will take your word for it, Susan Arnold was removed due a term limit and not because she was an Chapek ally.

Don't worry, there will for sure be more significant issues with TWDC we can discuss going forward.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You misread my post. I said, "The term limit is something we were told was a rule".

It doesn't matter, I will take your word for it, Susan Arnold was removed due a term limit and not because she was an Chapek ally.

Don't worry, there will for sure be more significant issues with TWDC we can discuss going forward.
Susan was the one who picked up the phone and called Iger to replace Chapek.

Some ally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom