Mardi Gras 2020

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Details for this year's Mardi Gras were released today. Lots of new additions like the Carnival Around The World Tasting Tent with samples of cuisine from Carnival celebrations around the world and returning from last year is the Tasting Lanyard which gives a F&W Fest like experience and the Bayou Boil which is a traditional Cajun Crawfish Boil. The concert line-up is probably the strongest line-up ever for Mardi Gras with big name stars like Diana Ross and Marshmello.

Here is the rundown from IU.

And here is the concert line-up (from IU)

Feb. 1The Roots
Feb. 8Karol G
Feb. 15Bell Biv DeVoe
Feb. 16+Live+
Feb. 22Kool & the Gang
Feb. 29TLC
March 7REO Speedwagon
March 8Dustin Lynch
March 13Luis Fonsi
March 14The All-American Rejects
March 15Diana Ross
March 20Chris Young
March 21Earth, Wind & Fire
March 22Marshmello
March 28Why Don’t We
March 29Gavin DeGraw

matt clark

hmmm... waiting to buy the families annual passes again in hopes there is a 1,3,6 months free offer like there has been the last few years. Anybody remember around what time those usually roll out?
Depending on when/if will determine if its the families valentines or easter present lol.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
hmmm... waiting to buy the families annual passes again in hopes there is a 1,3,6 months free offer like there has been the last few years. Anybody remember around what time those usually roll out?
Depending on when/if will determine if its the families valentines or easter present lol.
Are you a FL resident? They don't have the extra months going on, but they have a "save up to $75" on FL resident passes now- April 2nd.

matt clark

yes, we are Florida residents. Guessing that may be the only offer. I will wait it out a few more weeks and see if anything new is added. If not, we will do that offer.

Rob562

yes, we are Florida residents. Guessing that may be the only offer. I will wait it out a few more weeks and see if anything new is added. If not, we will do that offer.

In the same boat, kinda. Our Seasonal passes expire next month and we have a decision to make.

Our first passes were bought in November 2017, then in 2018 we renewed (and upgraded to a 3-park pass) and got three free months. Now that they're up for renewal, I'll have to see what the renewal price is, see when we might make trips the next year and then crunch the numbers. It may be more beneficial for us to not renew now, but instead purchase brand new ones to get a start date later in the year. That math gets more complicated if there's an extra-months offer on the renewal.

-Rob

matt clark

I pulled it up and realistically with my family of four the down payment is $998 and then the monthly payment would be $90. The $75 off each pass for premiere is nice considering its $300 off. If my payments each month are $90 you have to figure you are getting 3.3 months for "free". At least the rationalization im using to justify just buying/activating them before the Karol G concert lol. I get a Bonus at work Before the end of February that will neutralize the down payment. So as soon as my credit card closes its cycle on February 3rd I will just go ahead and purchase them then. I know I will get my bonus before the next cycle closes.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
In the same boat, kinda. Our Seasonal passes expire next month and we have a decision to make.

Our first passes were bought in November 2017, then in 2018 we renewed (and upgraded to a 3-park pass) and got three free months. Now that they're up for renewal, I'll have to see what the renewal price is, see when we might make trips the next year and then crunch the numbers. It may be more beneficial for us to not renew now, but instead purchase brand new ones to get a start date later in the year. That math gets more complicated if there's an extra-months offer on the renewal.

-Rob
They are offering extra months on renewing FL Res. APs. I am not sure how long that deal goes, though. I would check soon.

lebeau

That offer was unusual. It's not something you can mark on your calendar to take advantage of annually. I am sure it will roll around again right after I buy my next set of passes.

lebeau

Unfortunately I am not a FL Resident.

-Rob

Although, that is really only unfortunate as it relates to Universal. In every other way, I prefer the greater Cincinnati area to central Florida.

Getting back to topic, I wish we were going to be able to make it to Mardi Gras this year. Had a blast in 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom