March or May

Tashifer90

Hey everyone,

Myself and the other half are thinking of planning a cheeky trip to WDW earlier on this year. We are already visiting in September this year and hopefully planning a wedding then eek!

Looking at dates and costs etc we can go any time on March (aside from the 1st weekend and any time in May) we’d like to avoid as many national holidays or extremely busy times as possible but understand that in comparison to September it’s going to feel pretty busy! We could go in the beginning of April however when does it get busy for Easter/spring break? We’re from the uk and I can’t remember a lot of the holidays I should be watching out for aside from the obvious such as easter! :banghead:

Extra info: we’re planning to go for 14 nights and staying offsite as we’re staying in OKW this September. We have found fairly cheap deals at in the last week of March and the beginning of may. Also just wondering generally if people have any opinions about the all star resorts and whether it’s worth the extra cost?

Disneyfreak Jen

I have stayed at All Star Music twice and had a very good experience both times. Remember, if you stay on site you get to book your FP’s 60 days in advance. If you stay off site, you only get to book at the 30 day mark and some of your choices will not be available. Staying onsite you also get Disney transportation to/from the parks, in addition to Magical Express to/from the airport. Again, I have stayed at All Stars twice and enjoyed it, and have also stayed at moderate resorts and OKW.

There are really 2 spring breaks here in the US. Typical colleges have their spring break in March, with the majority (but not all) schools going the first 2 weeks. Kids in “regular “ school typically go around Easter, (the week before or after) again not all schools but the majority usually do. Easter is April 21st.

If I were you I’d go the last week in March and first week of April or the last week of April and the first week of May. In 2017 I was there April into May and it was a really nice time to be there.

Upvote 0

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I have stayed at All Star Music twice and had a very good experience both times. Remember, if you stay on site you get to book your FP’s 60 days in advance. If you stay off site, you only get to book at the 30 day mark and some of your choices will not be available. Staying onsite you also get Disney transportation to/from the parks, in addition to Magical Express to/from the airport. Again, I have stayed at All Stars twice and enjoyed it, and have also stayed at moderate resorts and OKW.

There are really 2 spring breaks here in the US. Typical colleges have their spring break in March, with the majority (but not all) schools going the first 2 weeks. Kids in “regular “ school typically go around Easter, (the week before or after) again not all schools but the majority usually do. Easter is April 21st.

If I were you I’d go the last week in March and first week of April or the last week of April and the first week of May. In 2017 I was there April into May and it was a really nice time to be there.

thanks for the advice! I had forgotten about the 90 day fastpass window as last time we stayed off site we some how managed to get all the fastpasses we wanted :O Certainly given us some thoughts hotel wise... I think we will be going May either way.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'd choose March for cooler weather. If you choose May, the earlier the better. I went May-June for the last week of F&G festival last year. Never again. Might as well have been summer. Too hot.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I would choose March. I've gone the past two years in the first week of March and it was great. Perfect weather everyday, not that hot and no rain at all. Crowds were minimal as well. I know you said you can't go the first weekend but try and go as early as you can because Spring Break starts up around mid-March.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

We went the first week in May 2017 based on crowd calends and they were very accurate . Crowds were light during the week and heavy on the weekends. The weather was perfect low humidity cool at night and 80's during the day. We are going back the first week in May his year

Upvote 0

Tashifer90

Original Poster
after weighing up all our options, crows/cost/temperatures etc we decided that may would be best for us so staying offsite from 15 nights may the 3rd onwards. this means we can make our wedding in Orlando extra special in September and with the extra pennies saved have treated ourselves to an extra few days at Port Orleans French quarter before joining the family at old key west :D now just to get excited and plan the rest of it!

will perhaps see you around @johnparkhopper! give us a wave if you do :D

Upvote 0

John park hopper

after weighing up all our options, crows/cost/temperatures etc we decided that may would be best for us so staying offsite from 15 nights may the 3rd onwards. this means we can make our wedding in Orlando extra special in September and with the extra pennies saved have treated ourselves to an extra few days at Port Orleans French quarter before joining the family at old key west :D now just to get excited and plan the rest of it!

will perhaps see you around @johnparkhopper! give us a wave if you do :D
We will be there the May 5 -12 staying at POFQ. Hope to see you there

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom