Marathon weekend hotel discounts?

durangojim

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there are discounts available (or have been in the past) for runners that are participating in any of the races. The official site only lists the magic package, but as AP holders, we don't want or need that.

Ariel484

Does anyone know if there are discounts available (or have been in the past) for runners that are participating in any of the races. The official site only lists the magic package, but as AP holders, we don't want or need that.
If you book a package through runDisney there's a small discount, but as APs that won't work. I got an AP room-only discount in 2013, so that will probably be your best bet, to wait and see what room-only deals are available...mostly likely will be better than whatever runDisney would offer anyway.

dreamfinder

runDisney used to let you book room only "packages" even though they were pushing the full ticket & dining packages, can't hurt to call and ask. As @Ariel484 said, it was a slight discount at best. Probably on par, or perhaps worse than what AAA members can do year round. But seeing as how they are now officially offering deals with the good neighbor hotels as well, I don't think they will do much else. I've never seen anything formally tied to any of the races that was better than an AP rate, outside of the phenomenal deals for tickets for the smaller race weekends.

FerretAfros

I would check with GetTravel and see if they have anything; I've used them for several Marathon Weekend trips and they're really helpful. In the past, you could book hotels and/or tickets individually through them. Last year Disney changed their rules, so they were required to sell you a race registration before you could get a hotel room (unless GetTravel had sold out of all of their registrations and still had rooms left over). It looks like they're sold out of all registrations this year, but it might be worth checking if they have any rooms still available
http://www.gettravel.com/marathonweekend/

They're also a good source for discounted theme park tickets. They don't require a race registration for those, but occasionally add in a somewhat hefty shipping fee. You won't get them at the 60-day FP+ mark, but you should still have 4-5 weeks to reserve most attractions before your trip

meyeet

Are the ticket prices from GetTravel the same as through RunDisney? I'm trying to get an idea of what park tickets will cost us during the next Princess Half-marathon week.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As a rule, the discounts for race rooms was pretty minimal....10% give or take. This is on par with what you can get by booking a room only with a AAA.

General public and AP discounts are almost always better than the race discounts as they range form 15%-40%.

When I was a Disney TA, I would typically book them with whatever race discount was available as that was the best deal at the time, but I can not recall a single one that I did not later re-book with a GP, Fl resident or AP discount.

If you book through Kingdom Konsultants, they will keep track of all the promotions and will automatically re-book you if something better comes out. This saves you the hassle of having to constantly check to see if there is a promotion running that you qualify for.

FerretAfros

Are the ticket prices from GetTravel the same as through RunDisney? I'm trying to get an idea of what park tickets will cost us during the next Princess Half-marathon week.
Overall, it's not a ton of savings on the hotel rooms. Where it's really helped for me is that it's a flat rate, no matter how many guests are in the room. Since I've had 4 adults, Disney wanted to charge an extra $30 per night ($15 each for the 3rd and 4th adult), so that's why my real savings has come from

For park tickets, it seemed like they had the best rates around (better than Disney's prices or Undercover Tourist). They typically don't have anything shorter than a 3-day ticket, so if you're just doing a quick trip you might need to go elsewhere, but for my long Marathon Weekend trips they've been great

dreamfinder

For park tickets, it seemed like they had the best rates around (better than Disney's prices or Undercover Tourist). They typically don't have anything shorter than a 3-day ticket, so if you're just doing a quick trip you might need to go elsewhere, but for my long Marathon Weekend trips they've been great

I'd imagine these may be the sport event tickets that runDisney would sell for the smaller event weekends. Heavily discounted, but needed to be used within 14 days of the event (dates listed on ticket), and couldn't be upgraded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom