News Mando and Grogu Join Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'd imagine same basic story of joining Hondo for a mission that helps the resistance using the borrowed millennium falcon. But now that mission involves teaming up with Mando instead of just flying through a boring environment

PizzaPlanet

If it takes place in Mando’s timeline that means Han Solo is still alive… I wonder if they could add a de-aged Harrison Ford to the preshow. That might help give Galaxy’s Edge more of an original trilogy feel

TheIceBaron

I remember what was compelling about this attraction was the ability to switch out different storylines like Star Tours. Kind of wild this is the first time they are doing it for this ride. Happy nonetheless.

Probably also testing how Mando is received in the parks besides meet and greet. They know the sequel trilogy isn’t moving merchandise or much of a draw anymore.

JohnD

ctrlaltdel

I think they will (slowly) bring in the OT characters. I think the hard continuity is clearly going away. Would not be surprised if the next SW is OT era set. That may go outside of Galaxy's Edge.

easyrowrdw

2026 seems like so far away to add a new mission, but don't know how long it would take to program a new mission
I was thinking the same thing. This seems like something they could’ve been working on for a while to announce for almost immediate implementation. Aside from what Hondo says, this wouldn’t seem to require any major structural changes.

bwr827

Timeline probably factors in the filming/production schedule — eg unlikely to touch the CGI work until the feature film is in the can — along with supporting a cadence of new things in the multi-year calendar.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Timeline probably factors in the filming/production schedule — eg unlikely to touch the CGI work until the feature film is in the can — along with supporting a cadence of new things in the multi-year calendar.
They could have had this done by the end of 2023. But sure, “synergy” is always the excuse for stupid management decisions.

doctornick

If they're included that means Han Solo, Luke, Leia, and the gang are still around. No, I wouldn't expect to see them but would be interesting to know how Mando and Grogu are now in Han's ship. The current version is set in the sequel era.

As far as we know, Mando and Grogu are still alive in the sequel era. This addition doesn't explicitly mean they are changing the timeframe of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom