mama melrose

mf1972

Original Poster
going here for the 1st time in April. wondering how the food is. went to Tonys town square last October & wasn't that impressed. is melrose any better? thanks.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
going here for the 1st time in April. wondering how the food is. went to Tonys town square last October & wasn't that impressed. is melrose any better? thanks.
You will love it!! Soooo much better than Tony's!! We went for the first time in Dec and me and my DH were practically licking our plates and wanting more! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did , and we are picky about finding good Italian food! :hungry:

I have to agree. Tonys is blahhhh. I come from NYC so I know good Italian restaurants. Although I wouldn't consider mammas to be completely authentic I'd still rank it 1000 times better than Tonys.

erasure fan1

We have been 4 times and while I do like it better than Tonys, I wouldn't put the food quality above your chain Italian restaurants like olive garden. I will say, it has been one of the more consistent restaurants we have gone to. I have enjoyed everything I have ordered and none of us have ever had anything that was bad. Fine Italian dining it is not, but it is one of the better places to eat in Disney.

sissa216

We have been 4 times and while I do like it better than Tonys, I wouldn't put the food quality above your chain Italian restaurants like olive garden. I will say, it has been one of the more consistent restaurants we have gone to. I have enjoyed everything I have ordered and none of us have ever had anything that was bad. Fine Italian dining it is not, but it is one of the better places to eat in Disney.

That's exactly our experience- it is a very consistent, and often overlooked restaurant. It is not my favorite- but I've been there 3 or 4 times, and always enjoyed my meal. I'd definitely go back!

NYwdwfan

I really believe that a person's standard for Italian food may differ based on where you live and what you are used to. I live in NY and my husband comes from a huge Italian family. The food my mother in law cooks is amazing. Better than you would get in an upscale fine dining Italian restaurant. We also have some incredible fine dining restaurants as well. When we eat at restaurants, it's rarely Italian, since it never lives up to what we have at home. That being said, Mama Melrose was OK. It wasn't awful. It was a pleasant meal and the ambiance was fun. I wouldn't expect Rao's but it is not terrible either.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We tried it for the first time in September and was truly surprised. The food is better than Olive Garden but it still isn't the best Italian food I've ever had. We had some service issues and got stuck waiting 45 minutes passed our ADR but the food really made up for it. I'm heading back later this year, so that might tell you how much I enjoyed it!

LucyK

Before last trip I read reviews on Mama and I wasn't impressed but decided to give it a shot and I'm glad I did. It was one of the highlights of our trip, great service and food. It's now on our must-do list.

Todd L

We Love Mama Melroses and I REALLY think Its a Hidden Gem...The Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes are a great way to end a meal!

mf1972

Original Poster
looks like I'll be keeping this reservation. was thinking 50's prime time, but want to try a different place. thanks everyone!

Baldy

I had a bad experience at Mama Melrose a few years ago (someone's child crawling under our table, an inattentive server and parchment paper baked into my pasta among other things). Last year we decided to give it another try and I'm glad we did. It is on our must do list now.

Disney Shib

It's a must do for my family. We book it as part of the Fantasmic package. I've been happy with each of the meals i've had there which has varied. Definitely give it a try.

PrincessMia

I would definitely say the food is way better than Olive Garden. We had a Fantasmic dinner package, that gave us appetizers, entree, and dessert. We've been there twice and I've truly enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom