Making the move...finally

VILLAINSRULE

Original Poster
After several years of hemming and hawing I have finally committed to moving to Florida and will be doing so in the next few weeks. SO I have the apt and the "real" job, but I want to work part time at WDW! I am, however, trying to think of what I would like to do........
Any suggestions on what would be fun or what jobs to avoid? I was thinking that it might be fun to work at an admissions desk at one of the hotels? My friend is a custodian at MGM and he loves it, but I would not want to do that.....nor would I like fast food......
Thanks for any suggestions/tips/hints on what to do and what not to do!
Also, I am just curious.....does it ruin the "magic" for you when you are a cast member? My friend Josh said that he feels such pride in working for WDW--he is a Drexel grad and is the happiest person I know being a custodian at MGM........:) :animwink:
Thanks! Denise

ct00000

Hi,
I was curious if you have made the move yet? How exciting!
I worked one summer at Disney in characters and loved it. As a character (at least back then anyway) you had to also be a greeter and take the character on and off the set. I did sets as well as the parades and loved it all. Although the costumes can be very hot especially when you're dancing for an hour in the sun.

I also have a real job (I own my own business) and will be working at Disney this summer again after 7 years. Just to get my networking started. I assume that is what you are planning on doing as well.

As far as ruining the magic, for me it did not. I think it made it all more interesting to me. Even though I worked there, I would always spend a lot of my time off at the park just playing; especially the parks where I did not work. (I worked at MK).

I think no matter what job you do at Disney, you can still feel like you are a part of making so many people happy; to me, that is worth it all.

Good luck to you! It's a brave move and I admire you for it! I would love to hear how everything goes for you.....
Maybe I'll see you there this summer.

CrashNet

If anything, it made me love Disney more. I've seen both sides now (as a guest and as a Cast Member), and I have so much more respect for how things work like a well-oiled machine. It made the magic stronger for me. You do have to look past a few things, because you are working where the magic is created, but thats all part of the job. Your job is to help make the magic, and its one of the most rewarding feelings ever received when you see the reaction from guests when you do. :)

VILLAINSRULE

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses!
I actually am scheduled to head out tomorrow....however I am looking out the window and snow is coming down like crazy:eek:
I will wait until the roads are good and then head south!:sohappy:
I hope to get there Monday, spend Tuesday getting settled and spend Wednesday at the parks.....and on Thursday I hope to go to central casting and apply for a job!
Any suggestions on what would be a fun job?

Borf7

i say pick any job that you personally like. I wouldnt wanna do custodial but i know some people that love it. I do attractions because thats just what i like. let us know what you choose.

WDWPrnces02

First and formost Congrats

When i did the CP, i worked at full service in the MK.....I was a hostess at LTT...I liked it....all you do is Seat and greet guests, tell them about the resturant and the section you seat them, make piority seatings for guests...and some daily sidework.....the hardest thing about it would have been remembering the numbers for each table.......

I looked on CarrerBuilder. com and they are looking for ...lifeguards, Operations (rides), Full and quick service ..Character performers...and more.....

No matter what...you'll be working at the happiest place on earth.....Just make the best of it....

I hope to be in your shoes by early Summer.....
what

ct00000

I agree with everyone totally. I think you will have a lot of fun and will definitely reap the rewards of your job. Hopefully, they will have some good things available when you apply, and you will have some good choices.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom