Making room requests

grumpyny

I have been told I can fax any special room requests in four days in advance when they are assigning rooms. What I am not sure of is what days to actually count. I hope someone can help me.

We are due to arrive on Tuesday, August 19th. Should I fax it in on Friday or Saturday?

wdwfan65

Banned
We make our room request when we make or reservations sometimes up to 8 months in advance.We dont ask for a certain room # but only a certain building and a corner room.Also remind them at check-in.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I called them the day before we left. But we also had a sem-medical request too. But we did get the building and corner room like we requested.

Upvote 0

grumpyny

Original Poster
I gave them our request at reservation as well, but I read somewhere about faxing your request in 4 days in advance as that is when they start the room assignments. What I don't know is from when to count the 4 days.

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

According to Deb...

No requests should be sent until 4 days prior to actual check-in. The resorts do not get to download the reservations from the CRO/WDTC computers until 5 days before your arrival and the room assigners generally block your rooms 3 days before. If you fax a request to a resort before they have the reservation in their computers they will file it in a special "pass" folder. That folder should be checked daily to pull out faxes that came in early but there is always the chance yours could be missed. The best way to avoid getting in the Pass folder is to not send in your request until 4 days before.

Figure your 4 days prior to arrival this way:

Thursday - Arrival day/check-in
Wednesday - 1 day prior
Tuesday - 2 days prior
Monday - 3 days prior
Sunday - 4 days prior

Faxing after 4 pm is usually best only because the morning Room Assigner is usually bogged down with checkouts and the evening Room Assigner is usually dealing with check-ins until 4 pm. Honestly though, if you are faxing it doesn't matter when you send it. If they are busy they will file it and the evening Room Assigner will get to it when they start blocking requests.

Yes, the resorts do room assignments 7 days a week.

You can read the entire article at the link below. :)

http://www.wdwig.com/cro1.htm

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We have requested rooms right down to the actual room number, and Disney has always granted our wishes. Be as specific as possible if you really want something. Corner room, lake view and pool view, second story, non smoking, Aruba 52.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

They are very accomodating. When we used to stay at ASMovies, we would always request the exact same room, and each year, we would get it. Now, when we stay at AKL, we do the same thing! Just ask...and ask again.

Upvote 0

bandman

We just got back from AKL and stayed on the Zebra Trail, 4th floor, rooms 4515 and 4517. There was a Giraffe feeding station and a watering hole right in front of both rooms. It could not have been better. The animals were seemingly almost always there. Additionally, our housekeeping was great.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We always try to get the same rooms WL anywhere from 6122 to 6132. (6130 being the fav). Weren't able to help us this time because the hotel was full. They upgraded us and we liked this room even better. We usually ask when we confirm our plans about 3 or 4 days prior to arrival and its always written with the reservations when we check in.

Upvote 0

granmapatsy

what room would anyone suggest for contemporary resort, standard room?(garden wing of course)
there are some suggestions in my guide book, but thought i would ask the experts.
thanks in advance.
patsy in flooded out las vegas

Upvote 0

FormerCM

WL question

Originally posted by tigsmom
We always try to get the same rooms WL anywhere from 6122 to 6132. (6130 being the fav). Weren't able to help us this time because the hotel was full. They upgraded us and we liked this room even better. We usually ask when we confirm our plans about 3 or 4 days prior to arrival and its always written with the reservations when we check in.

What about those rooms do you like?? We are going in Sept taking my mom for her 60th birthday and not sure what to request.

Thanks for your help!!

Upvote 0

Redvette

Originally posted by granmapatsy
what room would anyone suggest for contemporary resort, standard room?(garden wing of course)
there are some suggestions in my guide book, but thought i would ask the experts.
thanks in advance.
patsy in flooded out las vegas

It has been a while so I dont remember the exact room number, but we had a wonderful room in the south garden wing. It was on the first level, had a sliding glass door that opened onto a small patio, and was 10 to 15 feet from a small private beach on Bay Lake, maybe 20 feet from the water total. The downside was that it was as far from the lobby and Monorail as you could get, the upside was the amazing view and proximity to the lake.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom