Making reservation to find out club level not available....and luck upgrading?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well darn darn darn...chaotic life stuff has hampered my free time to play with reservations and when I finally went online today to book the club level was not showing up...so I called and they confirmed none available Jan2-8th 2013.....waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not even at RACK!!!o_O
Have been there every year for past 6 or so and my question to you others out there is have you been able to get something denied available closer in to travel date? Should I call daily? The CM stated that peeps have 45 days out on packages so gave me Sunday as that date for potential cancellations.....

I did make one for lower floors just in case at the 25% rate off....has anyone here had luck getting upgraded by calling persistently? Bit miffed why WL is only 25% and has always been 35-40% and the other deluxe are 35% this offer.....
THANKS FOR ANY suggestions or comments on your experience getting what you want....

KeithVH

Poly was the same way yesterday. Two thoughts - either concierge is so popular that they don'ty need to discount it and have blocked it from the Jan-Mar offer or BOTH are at 100% for the foreseeable future. Thta is possible with the Poly. Last Xmas the CMs told me they were booked straight through from December to April. But for 2 properties to be that way, I don't think so. I'm guessing they don't need to worry about what people are willing to pay.

Best of luck with a cancellation.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

The poly club level is going to be under construction for the month of Jan and Feb according to the CM I spoke with back in August. I guess theyre putting in the new renovations and the whole longhouse is down. Contemp is also undergoing maintenance according to the CM but will be operating at a smaller capacity.
We ended up fudging our dates and going to GF club level instead of the poly as planned. WL club level is really spectacular. The views of the lobby are outstanding.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yeah and I know they did the club level renovation LAST February...first floor done so that's not it....I am thinking I will try try try to call but also will call right up to the club level CM's and ask them if they know anything....like a big Disney brass get together for New Year's....;)

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D:D:D Tink is flying a full speed from excitement of successful landing in the Old Faithful Club.... I was running short on time from errands and thought I would see if anyone responded to my posts and then thought to check the WDW site again...I had just done so BEFORE checking wdwmagic and nothing, under any deal was available....then POOF I checked again after reading here and it showed up as an upgrade to the 25% code room only....so I fly immediately to the phone and called to snag my room....now I returned home an hour later and sure enough that option is gone again....must have been one cancellation and had I not ventured to look again it would be GONE GONE GONE....Soooooooooooo the CM on the phone yesterday did say that the wdw site is pretty up to date as their database for cancellations and availablity...and so it was! Much easier you know to check online instead of going through the ropes of answering the automated questions.....o_O....to be told not available and having to call call call again. SO I MUST THANK THIS WONDERFUL SITE....last year the special was 40% off but no club level was included so I booked rack hoping and praying daily...because I would have had to downgrade...and what appeared to be the same advertisement appeared in a little ad at top of THIS site which I clicked on and it gave a different code that WORKED.....so for you of little faith...trust this board to help you achieve your Disney Dreams....;).

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
WL club level is really spectacular. The views of the lobby are outstanding.

I agree with the view....it's one of the things that makes me pay more for the floor....especially last year when we hit the transition midweek of Christmas Decor...it was like a "look what they did in ONE night...." feeling and at breakfast we watched them bringing back the big kilim rugs to finish up and it was so fun!!! The pointsettas were the last vestiges to go....and the MK was still up!!!

VERY relaxing to eat breakfast and gaze....eatsnacks & desserts and gaze....awesome!!! So the ease of food access to get us on the road and refuel when back at resort is priceless to me.....the quiet room is wonderful...now to see my room's makeover from the refurb this winter!!!! :):):)

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

We lucked into WL club level once due to issues with our previous room and would do it again except we wanted to do a monorail resort. Have you stayed at the CL in The outer building at GF before? I wish we could have done the poly, I guess the Reno from last year was temporary and this year they are redoing all of those rooms in entirety? Yeah makes no sense to me either. There are some photos of the test room floating around and I guess that is what will be going into the rooms.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hi awesome....nope we have only stayed at CL at WL and love the boat option...which in past few years became more direct and frequent so that sealed it. I do like the idea of monorail loop access but would not fit with theming....;). If I were otherwise wealthier I would love to have more than one trip a year and venture/explore other resorts.....DVC membership was never an option for me financially both for income and for unknown capacity to pull a disney trip off from year to year....that AND I am the huge Disneygeek and DH rather puts up with me....:rolleyes: and I am dubious with DVC if I would like having to pick and choose based on various aspects....I ran into an old friend on the boat ride one trip who was DVC WLvillas for 3 days then had to move elsewhere....Have you enjoyed CL at any other resorts yourself? I assume they all have decent food brought up from their main restaurant....just pondering if and what they would snag from Victoria and Alberts?!?!?:D

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I've stayed club at several non-disney hotels around the country and only stayed club at WL. We just bought a house so this is kinda like our last big trip before years of home repairs eat my disney budget. We got a wicked good deal from my chase card so we could finally stay at GF. DVC seems nice but without kids it is a bit of a waste of money. I would kill to go more than once a year. It only happens when the cheer squad I coach makes nationals though. Ill make sure to take pics of all the food and ask where it came from!

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oooh for a sec, awesomeinabox, I was recalling a trip when cheer week was occuring and seemed like most brazil tour groups ever for us....between the two it was....o_O. But that being said, I would put up with bout anything just to BE there and find someplace to sit and take it all in. This may be my last trip for awhile too...my Disney dollars we salvaged a bit when oldest decided to start college local...WOO HOO!!!! But I know that is short term and by the time he hits other college I won't have that window of opportunity again with all the family probably....and my next in line will then be hitting college....:eek:.....so day after I booked my oldest rear ends another car with MY car.....and I saw all my Disney plans vanquish(need to cold call insurance company from non traceable phone to figure out just how much an 18yr old accident with no police report filed by other driver ACTUALLY impacts my insurance rates/VS paying out of pocket)....BUT I still am retaining hope and plowing ahead....because I may never get this chance again. DH's job is in limbo sometime by March that MAY be a factor.....so like you I know future $$$ will highly probable go to living vs playing. I see this Disney trip as the calm before the storms approaching moneywise. Time at WDW is priceless....I never regret paying the price and work work work to make it happen!!!!:D

BTW did you get an email about entering a 3 yr DVC membershipSweepstakes ?!?!?!;) That would be AWESOME!!!!! Guess you have to play a game...so see you there!!!
https://disneyvacationclubsweepstakes.com/

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom