Making FP choices tomorrow- thoughts on these selections?

JChoma

Original Poster
For our upcoming April WDW trip, we are staying offsite Mon-Fri (vacation home) and Saturday and Sunday, are staying onsite. I get to make FP reservations tomorrow for our 2 onsite days (yay!). What hard-to-get fast passes should I select? Saturday is Epcot and Sunday is MK. I have a 5 yr old daughter and 8 year old son, so I was thinking Anna & Elsa for her and Space Mountain for him on Sunday. Not sure about Epcot yet. What does everyone recommend? By those days we'll have to been to both parks already so I'm looking to secure Fast Passes for rides that would be way tougher to score only 30 days out, during our Monday-Friday offsite days. Thanks for any tips! :)

Witchy Chick

For our April trip, we booked FPs for Epcot: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo. I kinda felt like SSE and Nemo were wastes of FPs since they (typically) are walk ons.

For MK, I booked: Anna and Elsa meet and greet, Peter Pan's Flight (which our whole family loves, but not to the point of standing in line for an hour+), and 7 Dwarves Mine Train.

I have a 7 year old girl and a 6 year old boy.

BTW, Mine Train is typically having 90-120 minute wait times. If you think your son would enjoy that "thrill" ride (I think it is similar thrill-wise to Big Thunder?), I would book that as a scheduled FP. After using your three MK FPs, you could probably add Space Mountain day of FP if your son still wanted to ride it.

JChoma

Original Poster
For our April trip, we booked FPs for Epcot: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo. I kinda felt like SSE and Nemo were wastes of FPs since they (typically) are walk ons.

For MK, I booked: Anna and Elsa meet and greet, Peter Pan's Flight (which our whole family loves, but not to the point of standing in line for an hour+), and 7 Dwarves Mine Train.

I have a 7 year old girl and a 6 year old boy.

BTW, Mine Train is typically having 90-120 minute wait times. If you think your son would enjoy that "thrill" ride (I think it is similar thrill-wise to Big Thunder?), I would book that as a scheduled FP. After using your three MK FPs, you could probably add Space Mountain day of FP if your son still wanted to ride it.
Thanks for this advice!! 120 minutes? There's no way we would last that long in line. :)

SAV

At Epcot: Do Soarin', unless it is still in refurb. If it is, then I'd go for Test Track. Not sure that you would need a FP+ for it, but the kids will love Turtle Talk with Crush and The Nemo ride.

Also make sure to do all of the Kid-Cot stops at each country.

Herdman

From what I've heard I would definitely do Mine Train. Test Track seems to take a lot longer than the other Epcot lines because of the car design phase of the queue while waiting. You would just have to decide if your kids are the type to like a high speed ride.

Witchy Chick

Thanks for this advice!! 120 minutes? There's no way we would last that long in line. :)

We wouldn't either, which is why I FP'd that one. ;)

IMO, the FPs that "sell out" (i.e are not available for booking day of) are the Anna/Elsa meet and greet in MK, Mine Train, Toy Story Midway Mania (Hollywood Studios)........hmmmmm anything else? Soarin' (although that's under re-furb until "summer"). And I'd bet the new Frozen attraction and/or meet and greet in Epcot once they open.

A good gauge is to check the My Disney Experience app for wait times on comparable days/times you will be there. I figured anything with a very high wait time should be a made as a pre-scheduled FP. Anything with a "moderate" wait time (30 -60 min) was something I might be able to FP day of. Anything with wait time of 20 mins or less, we'd just wait in line.

(Typing all that out made me realize I am getting perhaps a little too OCD in our trip planning. :eek:)

JChoma

Original Poster
(Typing all that out made me realize I am getting perhaps a little too OCD in our trip planning. :eek:)
Isn't it hard NOT to be an OCD planner when it comes to Disney? :) I have this fear we're going to end up in crazy long lines because mom didn't do her FP research. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom