Making Dining ADRs with MDE

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Tomorrow is the 180 day point for booking my dining reservations. I have never booked ADRs with MDE and so I'm heading into unknown water.
Currently if I access the dining calendar I can book an ADR for as far ahead as August 11th - Will this change tomorrow when I reach the 180 day point, will I be able to book for August 12th AND the following 10 days on line ?
Thanks for any and all assistance received

Tuvalu

The 180 + 10 can be very quirky. It did not work for us when we needed to book ADRs during the busy seasons of Christmas and Easter, when it was important to snag those hard-to-get ADRs asap. We ended up having to call.

Honestly, booking ADRs on MDE is a cumbersome experience and Disney CMs are able to book what you want MUCH faster (especially when you give them the exact day, time and restaurant).

I know being from the UK you are trying to avoid calling, but you asked for advice :)

RiceCrispyMickey

Tomorrow is the 180 day point for booking my dining reservations. I have never booked ADRs with MDE and so I'm heading into unknown water.
Currently if I access the dining calendar I can book an ADR for as far ahead as August 11th - Will this change tomorrow when I reach the 180 day point, will I be able to book for August 12th AND the following 10 days on line ?
Thanks for any and all assistance received

Technically yes it should change so you can book August 12 + 10. We didn't have a problem last year (also from the UK) so you shouldn't either, but you can always ring if for some reason it decides to have technical issues! Its pretty easy once you chose the time, just fill in the details and provide a credit card (incase you don't turn up). They may put some kind of small holding charge on your credit card just to check it is valid but then they'll take it off again (Mine was blocked the first time I did it by the card company, but my husbands always went through without any problems).

StarWarsGirl

imho, I still don't trust MDE or find it easy to use to make the initial reservations.

I'd call 407.WDW.DINE for initial after mapping out the days...

But, for keeping track of them and quick modifications, MDE is fine.
Considering how wonky the site has been recently, I definitely agree.

Somehow for our August trip we ended up with a reservation at BOG...and then one for Prime Time three hours later.o_O That was NOT what we wanted.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Considering how wonky the site has been recently, I definitely agree.

Somehow for our August trip we ended up with a reservation at BOG...and then one for Prime Time three hours later.o_O That was NOT what we wanted.
It's always been wonky. I still don't trust it at all for initial setup.

HOWEVER, once it's all in the system, I think MDE is great.

katieee

There is a free number for the UK which I use for dining. From a landline it's free 08001690748 or from a mobile to ensure its free from a mobile too you can google 0800 buster and follow a few simpl steps :) saves money ;)

StarWarsGirl

It's always been wonky. I still don't trust it at all for initial setup.

HOWEVER, once it's all in the system, I think MDE is great.
Sometimes it has issues, sometimes it doesn't.

Last year I booked ADRs entirely with MDE. No problem. This week...wow

I refuse to book a room reservation with it. Because you just never know. I called when I had to book the room last year. My parents always call for their room.

This week it has been particularly bad, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom