Majors

Dayzie914

Original Poster
I was wondering how many people actually get a job that has to do with their major. I have heard from a few people that said many people don't get something they are interested in for a job (these people heard it from CP members, they did not experience it themselves, they have not done the program).

I really want to do this but want to get something that will help for my future (I am planning to be a bio major and would want to work in Living Seas or my second choice would be Animal Kingdom)

Thanks

radiohost

Dayzie914 said:
I was wondering how many people actually get a job that has to do with their major. I have heard from a few people that said many people don't get something they are interested in for a job (these people heard it from CP members, they did not experience it themselves, they have not done the program).

I really want to do this but want to get something that will help for my future (I am planning to be a bio major and would want to work in Living Seas or my second choice would be Animal Kingdom)

Thanks

Bud,,,,let me give you a nickels worth of advice,,,,,,,,no matter what your major is,,,no matter where your headed in life,,,,,,,whether it be in bio or communications,,,,,,,,i can say that having THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY on your resume will be a HUGE advantage in the competitive job market.......say your wanting to work at a lab or somthing you want to do........there are two applicants for the job,,,,you and someone else,,,,,,both of your resumes are perfect,,,,you both did well in school,,,,,but the BIG BIG BIG BIG difference will be that he doesnt have disney on his resume and you do........Disney is one of the most respected companies in the world,,,,,this internship will give you A HUUUUUUGE advantage whatever your career may be.........thats my advice,,,,,and the reason im heading to the program this march......good luck.....Radiohost:cool:

schroder6452

My major when I did the CP in '04 was Radiologic Tech (person who does x-rays and things) and I worked at the Grand Floridian as a Housekeeping Resort Runner/ Dispatcher. The second time I went, I had changed my major to Medical Lab Tech. and worked at Tomorrowland Attractions. Both times I had jobs that had nothing to do remotely with my major. Mainly I wanted to build better communication skills and break a little out of my shell.

pluto77

I think no matter what your major is, you can learn a lot from experiencing the college program. I knew someone getting 15 business credits at her college just for doing the first program, that just goes to show how much, at least her college, regarded Disney. If you express a lot of interest in a certain area though they'll usually try to put you in your first choice.

Anyway, if your major is biology, this was back in 2004, but I remember at the presentation biology majors were one of the few who could do an Advanced Intership without going through the normal college program, so you could look into that.

Halfling418

It's the experience, the people, the company, and the fun that matters! It doesn't matter what your major is...I'm going down for the CP in one week--my major is studio art, but I'll be working at an attraction, or maybe even *gulp* parking. My sister did the dreaded quick food service, and her major was business information technology. She now is very sucessful and working in Atlanta, but has a soft spot for Disney and would love to work with the company again in the future.

It doesn't need to relate to what you're doing specifically--everyone can benefit from lessons in responsibility, professionalism, teamwork, and just sticking your foot out into the real world a bit more.

CaptainMichael

Halfling418 said:
My sister did the dreaded quick food service, and her major was business information technology.
Tis a shame that quick food service makes more money than other castmembers. I'll stick to Operations (attractions) or Transportation. I've got my fingers crossed for Monorail Pilot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom