MagicBands from Outside Sources (like eBay)

Alex336

Original Poster
Are there any reputable sources to buy brand new MagicBand2s, other than the Disney site? Or is it too risky (and if so, why?)?

nickys

Premium Member
Are there any reputable sources to buy brand new MagicBand2s, other than the Disney site? Or is it too risky (and if so, why?)?

IMO it’s too risky. Magic bands cannot be transferred. Once used for one person, they cannot be used for anyone else. And there is no way to know that the band you buy hasn’t already been used until you get to the park.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't purchase from anywhere but Disney either online or in store.

Purchasing from somewhere like Ebay you will always take a risk that the magic band is in some way not functional like its somehow broken or it just ends up being the band and not the puck or its already been activated on someone's account and that means you cannot use it.

dreamfinder

What do you want? If it's just the band, then eBay it up. As long as you have at least one active puck, you can put that in any band (or any carrying method you want really) so it doesn't matter. I have heard some reports of people getting Disney IT to transfer a puck from one account to another, but I don't think they do it very often.

nickys

Premium Member
What do you want? If it's just the band, then eBay it up. As long as you have at least one active puck, you can put that in any band (or any carrying method you want really) so it doesn't matter. I have heard some reports of people getting Disney IT to transfer a puck from one account to another, but I don't think they do it very often.
It’s quite simple to swap the pucks. Many people do it to create their own colour scheme bands.

dreamfinder

It’s quite simple to swap the pucks. Many people do it to create their own colour scheme bands.

Yup. Which is why I said if all they wanted was the band, buy em from wherever. It's easy to do, and it lets the band work even after the puck dies. Sadly, any special effects won't work if you swap the puck, but the band itself is just fine if you care about the design.

disneygeek90

I have bought a couple of Magicbands on e-Bay. No problems whatsoever. Just make sure that the band is described as unlinked and the seller has a good reputation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom