Magicbands and benefits

Tom

Beta Return
Once Disney's IT department can figure out how to get more than one database to talk to each other, those sorts of features should be an immediate priority. It's ridiculous that they can't use MB's to validate discounts.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Once Disney's IT department can figure out how to get more than one database to talk to each other, those sorts of features should be an immediate priority. It's ridiculous that they can't use MB's to validate discounts.
Disney has an IT department? and its a bit annoying to have to take out a card and prove who you are for your little 10% or to buy an AP pin

ULPO46

Exactly, they still have the old cards to prove it but there is no new information or options at the moment that Disney will make special AP MB's.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Exactly, they still have the old cards to prove it but there is no new information or options at the moment that Disney will make special AP MB's.
Im not asking for special MB just a digital note that your an AP. Like universal when I was an AP, they were able to see a digital note more the ticket

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Also don't alot (at least the ones at guest relations) magicband checkout scanners have a fingerprint thing on the side

sjhym333

My answer to that is simple. I don't buy anything at WDW anymore. The 10% is really not worth it anyway. But as an AP holder you still get your AP ticket. Isn't it funny that we are talking about how much trouble it is to pull your AP out of your wallet?

plutoismyhero

I would think that if it all was one database disney would be able to make it simple to have a person marked as an AP but odds are its multiple databases with multiple tables. Pry why it takes them time to do anything when you call. It pulls info from multiple places so takes time to pull it all in.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Most of them around the park use pin verification, not fingerprints. I'd suspect Guest Relations has them (the fingerprint scanners) due to inquiries that involve ticket media.
I know they dont use it for fingerprint verification but my point was that they could

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know they dont use it for fingerprint verification but my point was that they could
The new scanners actually do read fingerprints, but doesn't store the entire fingerprint, only information about certain points on it. The older ones merely read the shape of your finger.

They probably could roll them out, but it doesn't solve the issue of linking APs or DVC to magicbands for discount and other purposes. That is strictly related to the back end data structures/systems not being able to communicate properly (yet).

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
The new scanners actually do read fingerprints, but doesn't store the entire fingerprint, only information about certain points on it. The older ones merely read the shape of your finger.

They probably could roll them out, but it doesn't solve the issue of linking APs or DVC to magicbands for discount and other purposes. That is strictly related to the back end data structures/systems not being able to communicate properly (yet).
I was referring to the paying scanners/tappers

JaxFLBear

From a financial standpoint, Disney does not want any discount to be automatic. If you don't ask for your discount, it's more money towards Disney's earnings.

MissM

From a financial standpoint, Disney does not want any discount to be automatic. If you don't ask for your discount, it's more money towards Disney's earnings.
Doesn't need to be automatic. But having the option to "tap" the magic band to the crappy credit card swipe machines (that never work anyway) rather than haul out your discount pass and ID would save a lot of time and hassle.

plutoismyhero

Doesn't need to be automatic. But having the option to "tap" the magic band to the crappy credit card swipe machines (that never work anyway) rather than haul out your discount pass and ID would save a lot of time and hassle.

I completely agree, also they could use this for room delivery since it could have all of your room information on the band. Not sure why they haven't actually done that yet to get rid of those dumb forms you must fill out. That would be a huge plus for them it could also have your home address.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom