MagicBand

AlexK

Original Poster
Is there any way to get a usable MagicBand without making a reservation? I know you are able to buy MagicBands off eBay but I would not be able to attach one to my MDE account to add tickets to.

Tom

Beta Return
Currently, you cannot get a Magic Band unless you have a Disney Resort reservation, or are one of the selected AP holders.

It would not benefit you in any way to purchase one off ebay. Not only would it have someone else's name on the inside, but it would serve no purpose without having a reservation.

cspencer96

It would not benefit you in any way to purchase one off ebay. Not only would it have someone else's name on the inside, but it would serve no purpose without having a reservation.
Not to mention still being tied to that person's account. I was recently told by MDE tech support that while you can call and have Bands "removed," in reality they are just hidden to you on the guest side. He said the Bands and Cards are tied to the account they are linked with forever, and it is near impossible to undo this for security purposes. They see the Bands and Cards as IDs, and they are apparently taking measures to see that if someone obtains one that isn't theirs, they won't be able to do jack with it once it has been deactivated.

Tom

Beta Return
Not to mention still being tied to that person's account. I was recently told by MDE tech support that while you can call and have Bands "removed," in reality they are just hidden to you on the guest side. He said the Bands and Cards are tied to the account they are linked with forever, and it is near impossible to undo this for security purposes. They see the Bands and Cards as IDs, and they are apparently taking measures to see that if someone obtains one that isn't theirs, they won't be able to do jack with it once it has been deactivated.

It does indeed appear that way in MDE. It just refers to it as disabling or deactivating...makes it sound like a soft action.

But they SHOULD make it more permanent, in the case of a lost MB. If I lose one, I want to delete it from my account, so that I can't ever accidentally re-activate the wrong one later. Especially if I end up with a huge collection.

cspencer96

It does indeed appear that way in MDE. It just refers to it as disabling or deactivating...makes it sound like a soft action.

But they SHOULD make it more permanent, in the case of a lost MB. If I lose one, I want to delete it from my account, so that I can't ever accidentally re-activate the wrong one later. Especially if I end up with a huge collection.
What I was referring to was not the "Deactivate" action on the website, but what you can do by calling them. On a recent stay the Front Desk CM added ~10 cards to my account because she apparently kept clicking the wrong button and thought it wasn't working, so she just threw each one away and tried again. When I got home, all of these cards that I didn't have were in my account, so I called and asked if they could be removed. They said yes, but for security the card IDs will always be tied to my account in the back end. They said this makes it so that I won't confuse them, and also so that no one can ever in any way use them should they find them in the trash. A card ID that is tied to an individual is locked to that person, preventing reactivation by anyone else (or that person, for that matter - I was told it was permanent and to ensure that they didn't remove/hide anything I had in my possession). would be very awesome, though, if this were possible on the website. Maybe soon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom