MagicBand Advice

Nubs70

Original Poster
I have just added a 2 day stay at prior to the original 6 days at POFQ. The additional two days will not be spent in WDW but at another location.
Questions are:
  1. Should I even bother with the whole MagicBand for the 2 days
  2. If I link the 2 days, will I screw up the already linked, planned, hair pulled out, MDE itinerary?

Any advice is greatly appreciate.

DVCPluto

Unless something has changed, and I don't think it has, you will receive another set of MBs for your stay at . If you are not planning to use them at a WDW park, then I would just think of them as room keys. Or you can link the POFQ set of MBs to the reservation when you arrive - and just use the one set for the entire stay.

The MBs will probably just show up in MDE, but I would not link your passes to those bands. Keep your passes linked with the bands you will be using at the WDW parks.

And I would absolutely refer to them as " MBs" :cool:

Rob562

Both sets of Bands will work interchangeably with each other at both resorts. There shouldn't be anything more or special to do, they'll "just work".

Your FP+ choices are a function of your MDE profile and linked park ticket. Getting a second Band just adds a second way to access them, it doesn't change anything about them. So feel free to choose a second color on the new reservation to give yourself more options each day.

-Rob

DVCPluto

Both sets of Bands will work interchangeably with each other at both resorts. There shouldn't be anything more or special to do, they'll "just work".

Your FP+ choices are a function of your MDE profile and linked park ticket. Getting a second Band just adds a second way to access them, it doesn't change anything about them. So feel free to choose a second color on the new reservation to give yourself more options each day.

-Rob

I was thinking along the lines that the OP had passes previous to the MB - not the package. This is better info than what I had posted! We had to link our passes to our bands, but with a package, it would already be linked and therefore, both bands will work as Rob said. Sorry for any confusion!! :D

cw1982

Yep... like Rob said, the new MB's will just give you options on which one you wear each day and won't impact your plans at all.

Minthorne

Nothing links to the bands. The bands link to your account and you can have multiple bands all active and pointed to your account.

Any reservation, charging privilege, or FP+ is also linked to your account.

So any active band you have Disney can use as an identifier to look up your account and access your linked items.

I have multiple bands from trips like you have planned. I'm sure no one will think I'm odd when I wear them like a chewbacca sash on Star Wars Weekend - right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom