Magical Trip Report 7/12 to 7/19

Sorry this has taken so long to post. Our trip started off at 3 a.m. and I must say that Delta security at Laguardia Airport leaves much to be desired. Anywa we met a great cast member while waiting to board. He was magical I will call him Tommy. He is a character in the MK and at MGM. We were greeted by our Tiffany Towncar driver and off to the Polynesian.
Fri 7/12 rained upon arrival. Checked into Poly. Our room would not be ready until 3 but magic - I faxed the room request 3 days ahead and we got the NIUE bldg. I asked for this for the sheer fact my DS has asthma and location is important. Headed straigt to MK. Rained. Ran for cover at SM FP spot. Lady gives us her FPs. magic. We get right on and it stops raining. Do BTM and go to PecosBills. Did Tikis, Country Bear, Alladin and had those great citrus swirls . Yum. Go to Chef Mickey. DS spills ketchup all over white shirt and we hid him behind caracters during pix. Sat. 7/13 AK - it rains alot. We see a brazilian group of 50 head out. Rainforest for lunch. Very crowded. Do dinosaur and 3 DS all win dinosaur games. Go on Primeval Whirls x 3. Utterly waterlogged by now. Getting off bus at Poly, DH tries to help me and hits head on bannister at bus stop. Rests in bed with motrin all night. Cancel Whispering Canyon PS. 3 DS take monorail to Contemp and had fun in arcade. Sun 7/14 MGM - At 9;30 the TOT wai is 12 min. awesome. 3 DS waited for lilo and stitch auto and pics. Did lunch at Hollywood and Vine. Great as usual. Ds 14 places 6 at WWTBAM. See lots of characters. Go to DisneyQuest at night. 3 DS in video heaven. Mon. 7/15 we go back to MK and do tomm land. Lunch at Crystal Palace. Good. One problems, the brazil tour groups are not waiting their turn for pics and see a cast member is trying to explain this to them. Back at night. A great fireworks view is by Mickeys Philharmonic. Away from the crowds. We take the launch back to the Poly. Girl drops package in lagoon. Captain retrieves it. Poor little rich girl doesnt even bother to say thank you but does comment how all her merchandise is wet. (entirelly her fault). Tues 7/15 Blizzard Beach. Fun but hot. Got last table at Lotta Lodge in sun with no shade or umbrella. Dinner at Ohanas. 3 DS loved the Cherry Bomb dessert. A giant snowcone in a plastic bucket and shovel. Wed 7/16 Bus driver tells us Epcot is closed. Switch to Plan B but they have lost our luggage on way to Yacht Club. Did not enjoy the Yacht club. The view was great but too far away from everything, no kids activities, no snack bar after hours etc. Inconvenient. Check out Boardwalk bakery,sweet shop and have lunch at ESPN. Rains again. Dinner at Cape May Buffet. Excellent as usual. Thurs 7/17 Finally get to Epcot. Loved the AP lounge. CM told me they had the health dept. there checking food, (Read somone elses post about using generators) Dinner in the Land, good veg. lasagna. DS losses hat on spaceship earth. I guess we will have to kiss it good bye. Fri 7/17 shopping at Marketplace. Tried to find the mickey sprinkles but no luck.Loved the Toy Store theme and the Pin place was crowded (Not into this personally)
Pro's - Tiffanys town car, FP, Fax room request, great CM.s AP lounge, DH would say parasailing, Great AP room rates
Cons - Overpriced food (Get a mug), rain, looking for DS (get a walkie talkie next time),Anyone can go to Poly pool, not like Yacht Club (aka Fort Knox)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom