Magical Fireworks Voyage Complaint

ebarrett

Original Poster
I just returned this afternoon from my trip to WDW. Over all it was very good. After I post this, I will be email Disney about some of the excellent cast members that really stood out and made the trip that much better. Disney did one thing that really disappointed me. We had reservations for the Magical Fireworks Voyage on this past Thursday. There was a bad thunderstorm that evening, so Disney cancelled the trip. I have no problem with that decision because it was a safety issue. The issue I have was, a Disney cast member (I can not remember his name) announced this we would only be getting a refund of 50% because they gave us drinks and snacks (Cokes, brownies and chips). I could not believe what I was hearing. After we started complaining, they pointed us to a manager and it was up to him if we got a full refund or not. I saw some families just leave very disappointed. We stayed and after a few minutes of speaking to this person we got a full refund. I just do not think that is a good way of doing business. My kids are already asked me if we will try to go on the Magical Fireworks Voyage during our next trip. My wife and I are still not sure if will.

radiohost

Couple of questions....

Was this the Magic Kingdom fireworks show?

Was this a watercraft cast member who told you this?

I worked for disney watercraft ops this passed summer on an internship and dealt with fireworks cruise shows all the time. So I may be able to answer your question. Sounds to me like you got ripped off from a refund, but, we'll see.

Radiohost:cool:

ebarrett

Original Poster
Couple of questions....

Was this the Magic Kingdom fireworks show?

Was this a watercraft cast member who told you this?

I worked for disney watercraft ops this passed summer on an internship and dealt with fireworks cruise shows all the time. So I may be able to answer your question. Sounds to me like you got ripped off from a refund, but, we'll see.

Radiohost:cool:

Yes, this was the Magic Kingdom Fireworks show.

I am not sure what position the cast member was, they worked at the Contemporary Resort. A man in a suit was the person who said if you get a full refund or not. We DID get a full refund, but we had to complain about it first.

DisneyPirate85

BOY, Don't really know what to say either! Kinda CHEAP on someone's part? Not always WDW as a whole's fault, just some very misinformed CM's at least I hope thats it.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom