Magical Express question

BigShot2421

Original Poster
I used the ME last April for the first time and liked it a lot.

I am thinking about going in February of 2011.
My question is we are taking some family and a dog down, so we will be renting a car and driving down to Orlando from Rochester, NY.

We are dropping off the family in Daytona and the car off at Orlando Airport. We are flying back.

Can i still use the ME both ways or can I only use it on the return trip since we are only flying out.
We would be staying at Pop Century.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Rob562

As a Disney hotel guest, you are able to use Magical Express in both directions, even if you're not actually flying in or out of MCO. One aspect you won't be able to use, though, is the luggage delivery aspect upon your arrival. Because the yellow-tagged luggage is pulled aside directly from the plane, there's no way to get your luggage into the DME luggage flow. You'll just have to bring the luggage onto the bus with you.

I'm presuming that the dog you mention is going with the other family, but just to make sure, pets are not allowed on the DME buses. (Though I presume service animals for the disabled are, or arrangements are at least made)

I would also suggest that you call DME directly to schedule your arrival. While Disney Central Reservations is great at getting the standard reservations entered for DME, they often have problems with the out-of-the-ordinary things like multiple flights, arrivals for multiple people on different days, and arrivals without an associated flight. But the people at the Magical Express office have heard and done it all. :)
Their number is 866-599-0951.

Lastly, depending on the rental company, it might just be easier to skip Magical Express and return your rental on-property. Just bring it back after checking in and dropping your luggage off at the hotel.
Alamo and National both have counters at the Car Care Center and the Dolphin. At the Car Care Center (and I think the Dolphin, too) they can arrange to have a van bring you to your hotel or a park.
Other major companies have counters at hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd, though you'd have to check on the availability of shuttles. (Worst-case-scenario you can walk to Downtown Disney and bus back to your hotel)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom