Magical Express Question

aharsh218

I am returning a rental car to Orlando International Airport the day I am starting my 4 days at WDW. (don't need it while at the parks and saves money) Does anybody know if I can use ME to get back to the resort or do you have to fly in to use the service?

CleveRocks

I am returning a rental car to Orlando International Airport the day I am starting my 4 days at WDW. (don't need it while at the parks and saves money) Does anybody know if I can use ME to get back to the resort or do you have to fly in to use the service?
You'll be able to use Disney's Magical Express. There's no requirement that you fly at all, regardless of the day.

You are entitled to a ride from MCO to your resort on or after your resort check-in day, and you are entitled to a ride from your resort back to MCO on or before your check-out day. When or even if you fly doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

chipndale76

Last year we flew in a day earlier than our reservations in Disney because it was considerly cheaper. We stayed at a hotel near the airport, took their shuttle service back to the airport, and then were able to take the Magical Express to Disney.

Upvote 0

EmOhYouEssE

Will you have already dropped your family and luggage off at the resort? If so, depending on the company, you may be able to return the car at WDW. I think Alamo and Enterprise (or maybe it's Alamo and National since they are both owned by the same company) have locations on WDW property.

Just another option for you to look into to save you a trip to MCO if possible. You would still be able to use ME back to MCO on your departure day.

Em

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Will you have already dropped your family and luggage off at the resort? If so, depending on the company, you may be able to return the car at WDW. I think Alamo and Enterprise (or maybe it's Alamo and National since they are both owned by the same company) have locations on WDW property.

Just another option for you to look into to save you a trip to MCO if possible. You would still be able to use ME back to MCO on your departure day.

Em

National and Alamo are at the Car Care Center and at the Dolphin

The Dolphin is locator code ORLR13 in National's database. Desk hours are 8-4, but you can return 24/7

The rates from MCO-MCO and MCo-ORLR13 are the same, there is no additional charge to pick up at the airport and drop off at Dolphin

Ill be picking up my car at MCO on 9/22 and dropping it off at the Dolphin on 9/25 :)

You may have to call National to do this though. I know when I book on line, I have to book MCO/MCO and then call and have the return point changed.

-dave

Upvote 0

Rob562

National and Alamo are at the Car Care Center and at the Dolphin

Other major car rental companies have desks at some hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. (I know Avis and Budget are two of them)
So if the OP is renting from a company other than Alamo/National, they can do a search on their company's website to see if any locations are listed.
After the return, it's a simple matter to walk to Downtown Disney and catch the WDW transportation from there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Other major car rental companies have desks at some hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. (I know Avis and Budget are two of them)
So if the OP is renting from a company other than Alamo/National, they can do a search on their company's website to see if any locations are listed.
After the return, it's a simple matter to walk to Downtown Disney and catch the WDW transportation from there.

-Rob

That is an option. I just like driving up to the Valet at the Dolphin, handing him the keys and saying "returning a rental". He gives me a recipt and I walk to EPCOT :)

Before he goes with others on Hotel Plaza, check to see if the rates change. I use National not only because of the Dolphin, but because the rates dont change for an open jaw rental. I am also Emerald Isle and it is a work approved rental company.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom