Magical Express from airport question

TerriA.

Original Poster
We plan on taking magical express from MCO to POFQ. I'm ok with however long it takes, we have enough time built into our plans, but based on our flight times (landing around 6:40) I'd like to eat dinner at the airport before leaving for the hotel. Will this work ok? Is there pretty much always a bus waiting there?

nickys

Premium Member
We plan on taking magical express from MCO to POFQ. I'm ok with however long it takes, we have enough time built into our plans, but based on our flight times (landing around 6:40) I'd like to eat dinner at the airport before leaving for the hotel. Will this work ok? Is there pretty much always a bus waiting there?

It's no problem at all. Turn up at the ME area whenever you're ready.

They don't have set times, there may be a bus there, you may need to wait. We usually have something at the airport first too; after a transatlantic flight we need something to keep us going (and awake) until we get to the resort.

Starlight67

You didn't ask this question but thought this info might be helpful if it is your first trip on ME... (sorry if its a repeat of what you already know!)

I think it's a good idea to eat at the airport, bc you will be on the bus to POFQ for a while. It is the third stop for drop offs, (after Saratoga and Old Key West.) I was there and January of this year and that was schedule, and it was also the pattern three years ago. Not a huge deal but it does extend the on the bus time.

Also if this is your first time using ME, keep in mind it is on Terminal B. We picked up our own baggage and came in on Terminal A (Jet Blue)--I had used ME before, but somehow I got all screwed up, searching around Terminal A--lol. (I guess I was used to coming in on B and ME being right there!) Finally had to ask someone! I'm sure there were signs, but I wasn't paying attention...

Have a wonderful trip! :cool:

dreamfinder

They ask for your arrival times so they can staff accordingly. There is no use is having lots of buses from midnight to 6AM if only a few people are arriving then. But they know that flights get delayed, people want to stop and eat, etc so they are flexible with when you get to the buses.

NormC

Quick question. We always use ME when we travel as a family and we have all the reservation info. This situation is a little different though and also short notice. Can I reserve ME for my wife to go to POFQ on Sunday if she is just meeting her mother and her mothers friends? Does she need reservation numbers?

nickys

Premium Member
Quick question. We always use ME when we travel as a family and we have all the reservation info. This situation is a little different though and also short notice. Can I reserve ME for my wife to go to POFQ on Sunday if she is just meeting her mother and her mothers friends? Does she need reservation numbers?

She would need to be on a reservation to be able to use ME. Can her mother add her without going over capacity?

NormC

Her mother is a guest on the reservation. There are four women that left today for the Run Disney events. Two rooms at POFQ. Wife was going to join them Sunday as she could not get out of work this week. She is trying to get the reservation number from her mother's friend.

nickys

Premium Member
Her mother is a guest on the reservation. There are four women that left today for the Run Disney events. Two rooms at POFQ. Wife was going to join them Sunday as she could not get out of work this week. She is trying to get the reservation number from her mother's friend.

I think they check that you are on the reservation. Just having the number may not work.

Rob562

Is your wife staying in the room as a guest for part of the reservation? The lead guest on that room can visit the front desk first thing Sunday morning and add her as a guest for the rest of the reservation (and pay the extra adult per night fee for having more than 2 adults) At that point your wife *should* be able to use Magical Express when she arrives later that day.

-Rob

NormC

Unfortunately the lead guest that holds the reservation "tried" to add her and was told it was too late. The lead guest is not my wife's mother. It is one of her friends and I feel she is being uncooperative because my wife was a late addition to the trip. My wife was originally replacing one of the foursome that broke her wrist in several places and wasn't going but her doctor told her she could go.
It is a Princess Disney Run package though so maybe it will work out. All the ladies are there now except my wife. She is joining them on Sunday. Her mother was going to talk to guest services today to see what can be done. Uber is 28 - 35 bucks for that trip so it isn't a huge expense.

dreamfinder

It's not too late to have her added as a guest to the reservation. Any member of the party should be able to do it at the desk after check in. They should be able to be added as a day guest and then after that point, she should be able to add MDE. I've done the same exact thing years ago. The lead guest didn't add me (they didn't know I was coming, it was a surprise) but another member of the party was able to add me at the desk.

blobula

We will also be using the ME in September 2018 to AoA. I submitted the online form for the ME but included my parents who are traveling with us on the same flight. Everyone is listed under my reservation #, even though my parents have a separate reservation # at the same resort. Is that ok, or should I redo it and submit a separate one for them?

Rob562

We will also be using the ME in September 2018 to AoA. I submitted the online form for the ME but included my parents who are traveling with us on the same flight. Everyone is listed under my reservation #, even though my parents have a separate reservation # at the same resort. Is that ok, or should I redo it and submit a separate one for them?

Since Magical Express is a function of the hotel reservation and not the airline reservation, you should probably redo them under their own hotel reservation. It's probably ok the way you've done it, though the system might not understand why you listed four people on a hotel reservation that only has two on it.

Even if it did accept everyone under one reservation ok, one hiccup would be that you'd get everyone's luggage tags and thus everyone's bags would be delivered to your room, rather than everyone's bags going to the appropriate rooms...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom