Magical Express and luggage delivery

mdcpr

I’ve heard that luggage delivery when taking Magical Express can take hours. Can I pick up my luggage and then walk to Magical Express to ensure this does not happen?

Tom 55

On Monday i just got back from my last Disney trip. I stayed the first 2 days at Contemporary. Flight got in at 10.30am. At 5.30pm when we got to room luggage was not there. Called to find out and was told 3 hours is not guaranteed. When I said it has been 7 hours since our plane arrived her attitude changed. As they were checking for my luggage they said it just arrived and they brought it right up. Never had a problem with the moderate or value resorts I stayed at in the past.

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

I don't use it anymore. A few years ago, I was staying at BLT the night before a cruise. I arrived early at 9 AM, because I wanted some park time. I had reservations at California Grill that evening. I came back to my room at 5 PM, my luggage was not there. I walked over to the Contemporary to find out what happened. Nobody knew what happened. I had to go to dinner in what I wore to the parks all day in 90 heat and I would have liked to reapply my make up after showering, etc. I was a little concerned, because I was sailing the following day. My luggage finally showed up at 10 PM. No apologies or explanation.

Two years later, we got a room for a night at All Star Sports. I arrived at 3 PM. My son's luggage arrived about 2 hours later but mine didn't. After 8, I decided to see what was going on. I was told my luggage should be getting to me within an hour. It never showed up. I went down to Bell Services again, I was told to wait another hour. It still didn't show up. I went back down, where someone at reception told me it was probably off site and locked up for the evening. My pajamas and other things were in this bag. When I told my husband about it, he went to reception himself. About 15 minutes after he return the room, my luggage arrived. It was after midnight at this point.

I am flying down tomorrow and I am collecting my luggage myself. :hilarious:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

For all of those reading this, my suggestion is to pack a carry-on that contains your needs for Day 1 and even night 1 just in case your luggage is late or has issues - prescriptions, makeup, a change of clothes, pajamas, even a bathing suit if you want to take a swim, phone charger.

Upvote 0

Rob562

For all of those reading this, my suggestion is to pack a carry-on that contains your needs for Day 1 and even night 1 just in case your luggage is late or has issues - prescriptions, makeup, a change of clothes, pajamas, even a bathing suit if you want to take a swim, phone charger.

That's just good travel advice in general when checking a bag with an airline, even when DME isn't involved. Critical things like medication, electronics and a change of clothes should be in a carry-on.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Richie248

I usually always carry-on. On our last trip my sister's flight landed around 6pm and bags didn't show up until close to midnight. My parents waited close to 4 hours. Based on the comments in this thread, delivery times definitely vary.

Upvote 0

Sans Souci

You must always be one of the first people on the aircraft. I have had my carry on taken from me many times to be gate checked, because of boarding zone/number. I packed a carry on for a job interview and was told I needed to gate check it. I was concerned because my job interview the next day and I politely told the gate agent I needed everything for a job interview in the morning. She said loudly to me, "Are you causing me trouble, m'am? I hope you are not causing me trouble." So, checked it was.

Sure, I can and do put some items in my purse. But not everything-I can't put pajamas or a dress or high heels in there. It's not always a matter of not knowing how to pack.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom