Magic Leaps Mixed Reality/Star Wars?

The real rescueranger

Original Poster
I just read an article where a company had developed mixed reality headsets. Magic Leaps developed the glasses which look like a cross between goggles and sunglasses. What got my attention was the article mentioned the company was a secretive startup and had deals with the NBA and Disney. Then also the article stated the system uses Nvidia CPUs. Isn’t Nvidia being used in Battle Escape? Could this be goggles that you will wear on the ride? Thought it was interesting.

GlacierGlacier

I just read an article where a company had developed mixed reality headsets. Magic Leaps developed the glasses which look like a cross between goggles and sunglasses. What got my attention was the article mentioned the company was a secretive startup and had deals with the NBA and Disney. Then also the article stated the system uses Nvidia CPUs. Isn’t Nvidia being used in Battle Escape? Could this be goggles that you will wear on the ride? Thought it was interesting.
Magic Leap is a far way away from being widely distributed, or even something power-users would buy. It's pretty much just for developers at the moment. Right now it's apparently on-par with HoloLens and others in terms of tech and quality.

NVidia has a large part in Millennium Falcon. Not battle escape. Their cards will be powering the real-time flight sim of the Millennium attraction. Lots of their cards. A ridiculously high count of their cards.

From what insiders have said, Battle Escape is a Dark ride with intensive theming and similar parallax screen tech to NRJ. There is not any expectation for AR/VR headsets.

Not to mention AR/VR headsets drastically increase the load/unload time of rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom