Magic Kingdom Underground Tour Question

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Hope ya'll having a good day today. I was wondering if anyone has been on the tour at Magic Kingdom that goes through the tunnel ways. I wanted to know what it consists of exactly and your thoughts on it. I think its called the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Im 18 and ive been to Disney 15 times and im going for my 16th in December and I was thinking about doing it. Im old enough and know enough that it won't "spoil the magic" for me b/c no matter what, Disney is the most magical place on earth. Thanx!

Speedo Bob

I went on the tour and underground I saw Chip, Dale, and Snow White on there Smoke break. That is what I remember the most from the tour.

i think it more than $50. I belive i read about it in birnbaums. It had the price and everything. Id look for it now but im babysitting. :fork: I would really love to do it but i havent been down to orlando since ive read about it. i hope im able to this summer. :D

DisneyJill

OK, I have my 2003 Birnbaums open in front of me. The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is only for the Magic Kingdom. It says that it "offers an on-site orientation to the history and workings of the Magic Kingdom." It says that guests visit an attraction (waiting in line) and take a "peek" at the Utilidors. Cost is $58, plus theme park admission. Length is 4.5 hours.

The Backstage Magic Tour is a 7 hour tour that goes through MK, Epcot, and the Studios. You get a pretty extensive look at the Utilidors. It says that lunch is included and that theme park is not required OR included in the price, which is $199.

I have heard that if you're going to spend money on either of these, The Backstage Magic Tour is worth the money. I've heard from a few people that Keys to the Kingdom is a bit disappointing. Hope this helps!! :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
The Keys to the Kingdom tour was great fun, but it has changed in the last couple of years.

When I first did it about 3 years ago, we went through the wig shop and took a extensive tour of the costuming area, even getting to walk amongst the coustmes, and were shown a lot of the Utilidors, mainly back near the service entrance near 20K. It was great!

However, last year we spent maybe 10 minutes in the Utilidors, near Main St., and instead of taking us to costuming and wigs, they took us to a hallway behind Emporium and had us look at samples of costumes and wigs and such that were in a display box. I guess that's the way the tour is now.
That sucked, but you do get lunch and a pin now.

I'm taking the Backstage Magic in August, having heard great things about it.

Originally posted by Speedo Bob
I went on the tour and underground I saw Chip, Dale, and Snow White on there Smoke break. That is what I remember the most from the tour.

Probably not since there is no smoking in the tunnels. I won't go into the other reasons why this wouldn't happen here. :)

ArielLover

The cost is $58 and you get a discount if you are an annual passholder. I have never been on it but am taking the tour in about 3 weeks.

Speedo Bob

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Probably not since there is no smoking in the tunnels. I won't go into the other reasons why this wouldn't happen here. :)

I saw it with my own eyes. My next door neighbour's went on the tour and they saw CM's smoking as well.

follow up

Sorry it took me so long to follow up but ive been busy thes past couple days. the tour of the Magic Kingdom is $58 as many of people have said. At first i thought you were talking about the Backstage Magic tour and its $199 so thats why i said it was more than $50. Well i guess its still more than $50 but not by alot.

Eljay

Our Keys To The Kingdom Tour took 5 hrs. & 15 min. I wanted to throw myself under the train by the time it ended. It was good but entirely too long! I wouldn't recommend it in the summer, lots of standing around in the heat. We took it last January & we were told that it was quite different before 9/11/01 when we were all more naive about security.

Speedo Bob

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Outside of the tunnels, definitely. Inside the tunnel, no. It is against the rules.

Yes you are wright now that I think about it, when I saw Chip, Dale , And Snow White smoking, it was out side and not in the tunnel.Sorry about that.

ruca

I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year with a friend. It is worth every penny for anybody who love WDW. I learned a lot and have recommended the tour to all my friends and family. :sohappy:

kellydisney

I agree that you don't see much of the utilidors... but they smell bad anyhow! Especially if you walk where the trash is between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. PU! I have never taken the tour, but I have seen them conducting the tours and as far as I saw, you get to walk by costuming but not IN and you see the lunchroom where the cast eats. But that's it inside the utilidors. It's pretty cool looking, I'd do it now that I'm no longer a CM. :) Let us know how it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom