Magic Kingdom short opening hours - worth it?

richiejv

Hi everyone,

Flying over from the UK at the end of April for a trip originally scheduled for 2020 (no prizes for guessing why we cancelled).

Currently we have park passes for MK on May 3rd. I see from the calendar that it will be closing at 16.30 that day, presumably the park is booked out for some event in the evening.

Does anyone have any experience of days like this? I can’t tell if the short hours would put people off going, or if attendance stays high because people either think that others won’t go, or just aren’t aware of the hours. Would rather not have a short-ish day if queues are going to be pretty long still and we won’t get on many rides, but I don’t know. Haven’t been for 10 years and my memory isn’t what it used to be and I’ve no idea what crowds might be like in May…

Cheers!
Rich

Lilofan

Hi everyone,

Flying over from the UK at the end of April for a trip originally scheduled for 2020 (no prizes for guessing why we cancelled).

Currently we have park passes for MK on May 3rd. I see from the calendar that it will be closing at 16.30 that day, presumably the park is booked out for some event in the evening.

Does anyone have any experience of days like this? I can’t tell if the short hours would put people off going, or if attendance stays high because people either think that others won’t go, or just aren’t aware of the hours. Would rather not have a short-ish day if queues are going to be pretty long still and we won’t get on many rides, but I don’t know. Haven’t been for 10 years and my memory isn’t what it used to be and I’ve no idea what crowds might be like in May…

Cheers!
Rich
It is the cast member party that night at MK.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I would guess that it would be lighter crowds that day since people without park hoppers would have a short day. People with park hoppers might hop out, but would be very unlikely to hop in since you can’t hop until 2.

Touringplans seems to think so too.
00181C56-0AE9-4A11-A3BD-4F9A3CA68F58.jpeg

I’d probably plan to rope drop and stay the whole day. Unless it’s your only MK day and you want to see the fireworks.

Upvote 0

richiejv

Original Poster
I would guess that it would be lighter crowds that day since people without park hoppers would have a short day. People with park hoppers might hop out, but would be very unlikely to hop in since you can’t hop until 2.

Touringplans seems to think so too.
View attachment 632220
I’d probably plan to rope drop and stay the whole day. Unless it’s your only MK day and you want to see the fireworks.

Thank you! We’ll probably look to rope drop then. We’re out there for about two weeks so no rush to see fireworks.

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Thank you! We’ll probably look to rope drop then. We’re out there for about two weeks so no rush to see fireworks.
In that case I say definitely go for it. Pretty good bet that enough people will avoid the short day to make a noticeable drop. We used to like hitting MK when weekday holiday parties closed the park at 6pm. Have an awesome trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom