Magic Kingdom Movie Rumors

Finn-Whit

Original Poster
Ok, so I've heard Jon Favreau is planning on directing a movie, titled "Magic Kingdom." It's supposed to be like a family is trapped in the Magic Kingdom at night. It sounds exactly like Kingdom Keepers, but anyways, if you have any info, please post it here, especially auditions, because I'm 14, and I would love to be in this more than anything!!!! Thanks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The industry has been very tight lipped about this movie....

Script by Michael Chabon
Initial Script by Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica)

Very vague comparisons to Night at the Museum goes to Disney.

Kirk88

Just checked out the 1st 2 Kingdom Keepers books from the library to read while I'm laid up after my knee surgery next week. Can't wait to read them! Anyhow, seems like Disney should really run with this ball since it seems that it could actually compete with Harry Potter. If this 'Magic Kingdom' movie is a go, should be VERY interesting.

Finn-Whit

Original Poster
Well, I heard that the movie will be about Disneyland, instead of the actual Magic Kingdom, so if that's true, then I'm a little less interested, because I absolutely LOVE Disney World, but I dont really care for Disneyland. :king:
But definitely check out all 4 kingdom keeper books! :)

Kirk88

Well, I heard that the movie will be about Disneyland, instead of the actual Magic Kingdom, so if that's true, then I'm a little less interested, because I absolutely LOVE Disney World, but I dont really care for Disneyland. :king:
But definitely check out all 4 kingdom keeper books! :)

OK, finished all 4 KK books......AWESOME! It's killing me right now to know that we have to wait on #5. I did get an autographed pic from Ridley Pearson in the mail last week! Has anyone read the new 'Neverland' book? Ridley Pearson co-authored it.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I love the Kingdom Keepers books although I haven't read #4 yet (Gotta finish re-reading Breaking Dawn first). I wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on that concept but don't think it would be able to compete with Harry Potter.
Anyways, Neverland book? Is this the same series as Peter and the Starcatchers? I've read those.

Kirk88

I love the Kingdom Keepers books although I haven't read #4 yet (Gotta finish re-reading Breaking Dawn first). I wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on that concept but don't think it would be able to compete with Harry Potter.
Anyways, Neverland book? Is this the same series as Peter and the Starcatchers? I've read those.

Just did some digging and yes, Bridge to Neverland is #5 in the Peter and the Starcatcher series. I guess there was extensive research done to actually put Neverland on the map. Didn't realize the new book was part of the Starcatcher series. Guess I've got some catching up to do!

Magenta Panther

I dislike the Kingdom Keepers books myself. Barely made it through just one of them. They're more mecha than magic - I mean, holograms and all that junk? And it was so boring. If the movie is anything like Kingdom Keepers, OR like that awful unfunny Night at the Museum, I'll be staying far away from it.

imagineer boy

I don't really care for the kingdom keepers books either. They feelt kinda self-indulgent and a lot of it was boring. However, Ridley Pierson does live in my home town which is kinda cool.

As for the Magic Kingdom movie, I'm not really a fan of the idea.

Finn-Whit

Original Poster
I really do love all four of the kingdom keeper books, because I've always thought it would be really cool to be in disney world at night, but your right the hologram think is kind of weird at first.. but it's better than them sneaking in every night.. that would be boring! I'm really ticked off about the movie, because I found out that it's supposed to take place in Disneyland instead of the "Magic Kingdom" park. Apparently Disneyland is sometimes called that. But I've kinda lost interest in it now, because I've never been to Disneyland, nor do I care to, but yeah.. I wish it was in the park. They're actually coming out with a lot of movies based on attractions in the next couple of years. Guiermo del torro or however you spell it, is making "The Haunted Mansion" movie.. i think its going to be more scarier, whereas the 2003 version was more about laughs. There's going to be a 20,000 leagues under the sea movie, two more pirates I think, but I think that's it.. pretty cool though. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom