Magic Kingdom Monorail at closing time

Merlin2006

Original Poster
As you exit Magic Kingdom at closing time, most people must get themselves to the Transportation Center. Keep in mind there are two monorails. Both monorails stop at the Transportation Center. The Express Monorail usually has the longest line (really, really long!) but stops only at the Transportation Center. On the other hand, the Resort Monorail stops at all the monorail resorts (the Contemporary in this case) before it stops at the Transportation Center. There is usually a much, much shorter line for the Resort Monorail. If you don't mind the extra few minutes of transport time, take the Resort Monorail instead of the Express Monorail. Chances are you'll climb right aboard... no wait... no worry.

Merlin2006

freediverdude

I've had a beef with the closing of the monorails for the past year or so....maybe somebody can confirm this. But sometimes I will walk out of Magic Kingdom as early as 30 minutes or 45 minutes after park closing time, when lots of people are still strolling out. And they will have already closed the express monorail, directing everybody over to the resort monorail, and a huge line standing there for the resort monorail. And been told that the ferries are already closed as well. This has happened several times now, not just an "express monorail is down right now" type of thing. Sorry, but I don't think this is acceptable for hordes of people still wanting to get to the parking lot, as well as not being fair to the people staying in the monorail resorts, who I'm sure don't appreciate having to wait through several resort monorails and then being packed on like sardines after paying $400 a night or whatever. But that has really ticked me off several times now, I hope it's not still that way. Maybe it's just during slow times that they try and pull that.

bsummer

I was just there this past week and there was no such problem. They have actually begun adding another monorail to the express track according to a monorail CM. The only time I knew that they closed the express monorail was last year when they were renovating the monorail platform almost every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom