Magic Kingdom going FP+ only on 1/14/14

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's my guess as well. Right now the opposite holds true for dining. If there are no tables for 2 at a restaurant but there are tables for 4, the table of 2 won't show up as available when you search.

If I make a reservation for 4 and then only 2 of us show up do I get charged now or do I only get charged if none of my party shows up?

RSoxNo1

If I make a reservation for 4 and then only 2 of us show up do I get charged now or do I only get charged if none of my party shows up?
I haven't heard of people getting charged as long as one person shows up. The other thing you can do is make the reservation for 4 and reduce it. On my last trip I made several reservations for 14 and reduced them after people said yes or no. The issue is you have to make a phone call to reduce the number of guests you can't typically do it online unless there is availability at the lower number.

Redhawk

I'm firmly from the "the idea of this stinks" camp, to the "well, I wouldn't have done it, but it's here and it's helpful" camp. So yes, I would like it to be continuously refined and to see it succeed at this point. I think CMs should too.

I'm on board and hope it works because it's not going away and I hope it will be "refined" according to guest suggestions/complaints. I actually enjoyed using same-day FP+ in early January, although I also got to double-dip and use paper fast passes so wasn't limited to 3 a day in only one park. Even when I return (this time with my husband instead of alone) I think the ability to choose/reserve at one place instead of rush back and forth across a park will work well for us. I always wished they would just put all the old fast pass machines at the entrance to each park and allow you to get passes for different times, so in a much more high-tech way this new system is what I wished for.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Right, I know it was contingent on what was distributed in the window. I'm curious if issues will arise though where they don't have availability for a group of 10 because each window only has 5 spots left.

The system books as closely as possible in some cases. My family of four had several instances where we were given three FP+ times on the hour and one at 5 minutes off.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

No, you will not be charged extra as long as someone shows up. We had a few reservations that my children did not want to take part in (an hour before dinner) so my wife and I told the CM while checking into the restaurant. I would guess if you have a party of 15 reserved and only 3 show up they might but generally they just want to eliminate guests making reservations and not showing up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom