News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Chomama

Yes because the restaurants can’t make money without enough people and there’s not enough people without fireworks
Can you help me understand this better? The restaurants close early but there is clearly more demand. You can’t get decent reservations right now. It’s very very difficult to find a dinner reservation so why are they limiting availability to shorter hours? Obviously Epcot is quiet at night but if I could eat at via Napoli and walk around and shop afterward I would. Bc I have to leave to find food I won’t come back to shop. The dining availability is so freaking frustrating!!

peter11435

Can you help me understand this better? The restaurants close early but there is clearly more demand. You can’t get decent reservations right now. It’s very very difficult to find a dinner reservation so why are they limiting availability to shorter hours? Obviously Epcot is quiet at night but if I could eat at via Napoli and walk around and shop afterward I would. Bc I have to leave to find food I won’t come back to shop. The dining availability is so freaking frustrating!!
Dining availability is low because restaurant capacity has been significantly reduced. If the restaurants could remain open until 9 and stay full they would do that.

EricsBiscuit

Sure. But that wouldn't stop media outlets or bloggers - people who are in the "I wouldn't go to WDW right now because it is unsafe" group - from writing and commenting about how horrible Disney is for creating crowding and being a super spreader. Regardless of how accurate that would be.

Disney is very negative PR adverse. Perhaps overly and unreasonably so, but it's not exactly a new phenomena for them.
I’m not disputing Disney management is filled with Karen’s who have spines of jello. I’m just saying it wouldn’t matter.

TTA94

Am I the only one that’s thinking there’s going to be some kind of twist to fireworks returning? Maybe we should temper expectations. Yes things are improving which is leading to this, but yet we didn’t exactly get MNSSHP back this year. 🤔

ToTBellHop

I also have a hunch many things (fireworks included) will be slow walked to return to drag out the cost savings.
How do we define “slow walk”? Compared to Universal? Sure, as always. But, for Disney, things are progressing at a brisk pace and will continue to do so. In the months ahead, demand and public opinion will support any moves toward normalcy in the parks.

Look at how quickly they are ramping things up at Disneyland compared to WDW last year. They were open a week before announcing the return of another hotel, many dining locations, increasing capacity, and tomorrow they extend park hours by 2 hours for each park. Things that took months at WDW are now taking weeks.

Jrb1979

How do we define “slow walk”? Compared to Universal? Sure, as always. But, for Disney, things are progressing at a brisk pace and will continue to do so. In the months ahead, demand and public opinion will support any moves toward normalcy in the parks.

Look at how quickly they are ramping things up at Disneyland compared to WDW last year. They were open a week before announcing the return of another hotel, many dining locations, increasing capacity, and tomorrow they extend park hours by 2 hours for each park. Things that took months at WDW are now taking weeks.
I would say that demand is already there. I don't care what the reason is, IMO the optics look bad. There is no reason not to have night time shows already. I like how the handled Covid with their protocols but I am not impressed on many of their decisions coming out of it. From taking forever to bring back shows and fireworks to delaying opening of attractions that are completed. IMO it's been a mess.

ToTBellHop

I would say that demand is already there. I don't care what the reason is, IMO the optics look bad. There is no reason not to have night time shows already. I like how the handled Covid with their protocols but I am not impressed on many of their decisions coming out of it. From taking forever to bring back shows and fireworks to delaying opening of attractions that are completed. IMO it's been a mess.
Sure, but crowd levels suggest they can get away with it. They won’t add more in-park capacity until they feel they can raise total capacity. For awhile, they avoided that to help get DL open. That’s no longer a worry. But there are still layers of bureaucracy to get through for each update. At Universal, they just say, “add more tape so people are spaced 3 feet.” It‘s more complicated (needlessly?) at WDW.

drizgirl

Not having enough restaurants and shops open for the attendance that's there already? It's one of the things holding me back from going. Parking lot trams are also an issue.

Shows, fireworks and characters I'm not as clear on. But it seems like they could get more going than they have already. I do know that every day they delay on this stuff they're saving overhead while the crowds keep pouring in.

DLR isn't even a point of comparison in this. Of course they're going to ramp up faster. They have to. They were closed 10 months longer than WDW. But we really don't even know how that will go. It could be a while before there's ample food venues, shows, fireworks, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom