Magic Kingdom Fastpass+ tiers

RonAnnArbor

No -- there have been rumors about this for a year -- but the reality is nothing like this seems to actually be taking place...

PixieBeth

Original Poster
They must have been experimenting with it again then... Someone recently experienced seeing them. They weren't able to get both Space Mtn and Buzz because they were in different tiers.

stevehousse

They must have been experimenting with it again then... Someone recently experienced seeing them. They weren't able to get both Space Mtn and Buzz because they were in different tiers.

U mean the same tier? MK did briefly have tiered attractions when mm+ first started testing last year. I believe it lasted a whole 3 weeks and then they got rid of it! There are more than enough attractions at MK to not need tiering like the other parks do...I'd be very surpised if they reverted back to it...

PixieBeth

Original Poster
No, different tiers. This is something that apparently just happened today, maybe yesterday with someone (friend of friend who is there), I'm not sure. I posted here to see if anyone else has seen it recently. I don't think it's necessary either.... plenty of attractions

rct247

No tiers. Sounds likes a Johnson & Johnson commercial.

I'm not understanding the different tiers comment though. Over at Hollywood Studios, Tower of Terror is in a different tier from Rock n' Roller Coaster and you can pick them, but you can't pick Rock n' Roller Coaster with Toy Story Midway Mania. They are in the same tier. Only one per tier.

IF...and that's a big if... If they do tiers at Magic Kingdom, you will most likely see them defined by "collection". Currently, Fastpass re-admission tickets (Fastpasses given out when an attraction goes down) are categorized this way. They're named things like Thrill, Classic, Adventure, etc. The Thrill Collection, for an example, lists Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Monsters Inc Laugh Flooor, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and Tomorrowland Speedway. These are given out in Frontierland and Tomorrowland when an attraction goes down and is cleared out. Pirates and Mansion are bonuses on that collection. This is the only thing that I can think of that is currently making you pick between Buzz Lightyear or Space Mountain. Fantasyland has most of the "classic collection" and Adventureland/Liberty Square has most of the "adventure collection". There is also a collection for meet & greets.

One final note, those Fastpass re-admission tickets are usually hard paper Fastpasses, but if you have a MyDisneyExperience account and access to making changes to Fastpass+ on it, then you will receive an email when the attraction goes down and is dumped for you to then make a selection from that category. You won't make the selection on your smartphone though; you just walk up to the attraction and you should be granted access.

stevehousse

No, different tiers. This is something that apparently just happened today, maybe yesterday with someone (friend of friend who is there), I'm not sure. I posted here to see if anyone else has seen it recently. I don't think it's necessary either.... plenty of attractions

If those 2 rides are in different tiers there should be no problem at all obtaining them? I think u might be confused on tiering? If they were the same tier, they would not be able to get both.

Like at Epcot. Soarin and Test Track are on one tier together. You cannot get a FP for both. Nemo is a ride that is in second tier. So u can get a TT FP and a Nemo FP and should have no problem doing so.

PixieBeth

Original Poster
U mean the same tier? MK did briefly have tiered attractions when mm+ first started testing last year. I believe it lasted a whole 3 weeks and then they got rid of it! There are more than enough attractions at MK to not need tiering like the other parks do...I'd be very surpised if they reverted back to it...

I'm a dork. Yes, I meant they were in the same tier and that's why they couldn't apparently select them both. I've asked my friend to keep me updated if she hears anything else. Her friend is a tour guide for a private Disney park touring company so I trust they know what they saw. They are very familiar with MDE and FP+. My apologies for the confusion!!:facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom