Magic Kingdom Bored Game issues

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I bought the Magic Kingdom bored game at a rummage sale for like $2 and it had everything with it!! After setting it up and looking at everything I noticed many problems with it. First off on the box it has sleeping beauty castle even though it is Disney's Magic Kingdom game (incase your confused there is no sleeping beauty castle in magic kingdom its in Disneyland park). It also has a 3d model for the board of sleeping beauty castle and a card of sleeping beauty castle that says "Located in the center at Disneyland Resort" which is saying this is at Disneyland not Disney World o_O. Another problem is that it has Tarzan's Treehouse which is also at Disneyland resort. Another issue is that they have a card that says "Disneyland Monorail System" and on the board it has a space in tomorrowland for the monorail. In Disneyland the monorail goes into tomorrowland, but not at Disney World. One last problem I spotted was that it has Autopia which is strictly Disneyland again, there is a tomorrowland indy speedway at Magic Kingdom, but not Autopia. Now you may think Im confused and that its actually supposed to be for Disneyland, but other than the things that I listed above, the rest of the attractions are all from Magic Kingdom, Disney World. For example it shows a picture of Splash mountain, each row seats two people. It also has BLSRS (buzz lightyear space ranger spin) which is unique to magic kingdom. This game is baffling me and It would be great if someone knows anything more about this game that I don't. Thanks if you can give me some insight!!!:)
Also here is a picture of the board game and a link to a website with it.

Instructions link if you want to better understand how it works- http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Disney_Magic_Kingdom_Game.pdf

Some more info on it, not sure if its all true, but gives some insight- http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15163/disney-magic-kingdom-game

Picture of board (on the link right above, there are more pictures of it)-
pic79613_md.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The people who make these things rarely know a thing about Disney and if there is any proof reading, it is incredibly lax. It would not surprise me if the people who put this game together had ever set foot in a Disney park. Even some of Disney's own promotional material will mix up attractions from the park. There are TV spots showing right now in Florida for WDW that show the Tea-cups DL.

Californian Elitist

I know nothing about this game lol. Maybe when they were making the game, they got the two Magic Kingdoms mixed up. Looks like the intention of the game was supposed to be Magic Kingdom in Florida, but someone on the side was thinking about Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom (Disneyland). Maybe they intentionally combined the two? Either that or the creators hadn't a clue what they were doing. I believe it's the latter. I don't truly know, honestly.

NYwdwfan

The people who make these things rarely know a thing about Disney and if there is any proof reading, it is incredibly lax. It would not surprise me if the people who put this game together had ever set foot in a Disney park. Even some of Disney's own promotional material will mix up attractions from the park. There are TV spots showing right now in Florida for WDW that show the Tea-cups DL.

I received a MK map with some promotional materials last year and it had the Many Adventures on Winnie the Pooh labeled as Snow White's Scary Adventure (after SWSA had already been gutted - which was insult to injury!)

Fantasmicguy

I bought the Magic Kingdom bored game at a rummage sale for like $2 and it had everything with it!! After setting it up and looking at everything I noticed many problems with it. First off on the box it has sleeping beauty castle even though it is Disney's Magic Kingdom game (incase your confused there is no sleeping beauty castle in magic kingdom its in Disneyland park). It also has a 3d model for the board of sleeping beauty castle and a card of sleeping beauty castle that says "Located in the center at Disneyland Resort" which is saying this is at Disneyland not Disney World o_O. Another problem is that it has Tarzan's Treehouse which is also at Disneyland resort. Another issue is that they have a card that says "Disneyland Monorail System" and on the board it has a space in tomorrowland for the monorail. In Disneyland the monorail goes into tomorrowland, but not at Disney World. One last problem I spotted was that it has Autopia which is strictly Disneyland again, there is a tomorrowland indy speedway at Magic Kingdom, but not Autopia. Now you may think Im confused and that its actually supposed to be for Disneyland, but other than the things that I listed above, the rest of the attractions are all from Magic Kingdom, Disney World. For example it shows a picture of Splash mountain, each row seats two people. It also has BLSRS (buzz lightyear space ranger spin) which is unique to magic kingdom. This game is baffling me and It would be great if someone knows anything more about this game that I don't. Thanks if you can give me some insight!!!:)

Instructions link if you want to better understand how it works- http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Disney_Magic_Kingdom_Game.pdf

Some more info on it, not sure if its all true, but gives some insight- http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15163/disney-magic-kingdom-game

pic79613_md.jpg
I just figured it was a mixed.There's other mistakes like the mispell Aladdin!!! But I still enjoy the game.Its a time killer

minniemickeyfan

pic79613_md.jpg
We have the game too and noticed the mistakes also. Got to wonder who put the game together! But love the game and play it often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom