Magic Bands

DfromATX

Original Poster
Hi, I just booked our trip for July. This will be our first time going since they started the new Fast Pass system and Magic Bands. I use the Disney App and to my delight, it already lists our trip and I can see where I'm supposed to do our fast passes (when the time is right).

My question is about the bands. Will they mail the bands to us at a certain point just like they mailed the old cards, luggage tags, etc.? Also, can I pick colors for our and if so, how do I go about doing that? Thanks!

Schneewittchen

Yep, they'll mail them to you.

You can pick colors and all that until about a month before your trip. To customize them, go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

After you log in, on the right side of the page, click on "My Disney Experience" and select "MagicBands and Cards".

Rob562

I just customized mine. I picked pink. :)

So you could still use a card if you wanted to?

If you don't want to use the Band, you can request a Card at the front desk once you arrive. A Card would operate in place of the Band for all functions except long-distance auto-linking of on-ride photos.

-Rob

ekutchey

You can request a card if needed. But I love the Magic Bands. They will mail out 30 days before your trip. You will get an email with a tracking number for this shipment.

WillCAD

The tin foil hat is in full force as some people seem to think that Disney is going to track your bathroom breaks if you wear the MBs, so some still request the old cards.

Along with the tinfoil hat crowd, there are some who can't stand to wear anything on their wrists. Some already wear a watch and don't want to wear anything else. Still others don't like the feel of the TPU material and say it causes them to sweat.

I'm almostone of them. I hate wearing wristbands and haven't worn a wristwatch for more than a decade. But for some reason, MagicBands don't bother me. I've worn mine on my left wrist like a watch on each of my last four trips and pretty much forgotten about it. Except when I want to check the time, and suddenly it doesn't matter that Bill Clinton was president the last time I wore a wristwatch - I stick my left wrist in front of my face and find myself staring blankly at Mickey Mouse, feeling like an idiot.

Nastory4

Along with the tinfoil hat crowd, there are some who can't stand to wear anything on their wrists. Some already wear a watch and don't want to wear anything else. Still others don't like the feel of the TPU material and say it causes them to sweat.

I'm almostone of them. I hate wearing wristbands and haven't worn a wristwatch for more than a decade. But for some reason, MagicBands don't bother me. I've worn mine on my left wrist like a watch on each of my last four trips and pretty much forgotten about it. Except when I want to check the time, and suddenly it doesn't matter that Bill Clinton was president the last time I wore a wristwatch - I stick my left wrist in front of my face and find myself staring blankly at Mickey Mouse, feeling like an idiot.
I'm with you on this. I do not where a watch or any sort of wristband. However, I don't mind the Magic Bands during the day, but they come off as soon as I'm back at the room

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Speaking of Magic Bands, they now have them in purple! Not talking about the customizable band you can purchase in Tomorrowland, but the plain old vanilla band you get with a resort reservation. However, the purple bands are available only for sale either at a park or the on-line Disney store. I called to find out why those of us staying in a resort couldn't get the purple band for free since we are already paying good money to stay on property. The CM on the phone laughed and said he gets that question at least once a day now that people have seen the purple bands either in the parks or on-line. He said that eventually they will be making them available to resort guests, but he didn't know when and he didn't know why they weren't available now. Seriously, Disney? One of the most requested magic band colors is not available to resort guests. Who were the first to be able to use the magic band.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thank you!

Just make sure you confirm your mailing address and customize the bands before the deadline. Otherwise, the bands will be waiting for you at your resort. And if you wait too long after the deadline, it may not be possible to pick out a color, so you will have grey bands waiting for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom