Magic Bands.

foxfamily238

Original Poster
How far in advance do you get your magic bands? We did several searches online but couldn't find this. Sorry if it's a repeated somewhere else. Also, if anyone has any other tips or advice for the new my magic+ system that would be helpful. One other question, when do the fast pass+ reservations become available, do you have to wait until the morning like dining reservations, or are they available anytime after midnight? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Weather_Lady

How far in advance do you get your magic bands? We did several searches online but couldn't find this. Sorry if it's a repeated somewhere else. Also, if anyone has any other tips or advice for the new my magic+ system that would be helpful. One other question, when do the fast pass+ reservations become available, do you have to wait until the morning like dining reservations, or are they available anytime after midnight? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

FP+ reservations are available after midnight.

Look on MM+ and check the date they've given you as the "deadline" for customizing your MagicBands. They should arrive in the mail shortly after that date.

officialtom

If you live in the US, they ship 4-6 weeks before your vacation -- at least based on our current reservation. If you're international (like us Canadians), they're waiting at your resort when you check in.

FastPass+ and dining reservations were made available to us about two months prior to the reservation. They're all made online and linked to your resort reservation -- the site is really great!

MKforReal

I have a question. Ok, a few. Do you have to wear these bands all day? Do they get annoying and make you sweaty and uncomfortable? (And this one is kind of odd I bet) Do you think it would bother someone that gets severe eczema on their wrists?

MissM

I have a question. Ok, a few. Do you have to wear these bands all day? Do they get annoying and make you sweaty and uncomfortable? (And this one is kind of odd I bet) Do you think it would bother someone that gets severe eczema on their wrists?
I haven't worn them but they are optional. Though Disney pushes them, if you don't want to wear it, simply ask for a ticket instead. It will be a plastic card (like the Keys to the World room keys) and will be able to be used for entry and FP+ same as the bands. (Just tap the card instead of tapping the band.)

Party of 5

We just got ours in the mail this week. They are slightly molded and adjustable to an almost unlimited sizes of wrists. I don't think they would trap sweat...you would just keep it a little looser so it won't fit as close to your wrist. My 7 yo DD has a very small wrist and we adjusted hers to fit well. It can be taken on and off if needed. You could consider wrapping it around a backpack strap or something. It appears that they are waterproof and could be worn in the pool. Doesn't look like they would come off easily either, so long as you click the snap into place.

Nickie729

I was wondering, so do you still have to check in first before using the bands or can you go straight to the park and check in later?

Rob562

As long as you have your passes linked to your MDE account you can go straight to the park.

Actually, it depends on how you have your tickets.

If your park tickets are part of a package reservation, you have to check in at the hotel before being able to use the tickets in the parks. (Same thing goes for options like the Dining Plan(

If you bought the tickets separately and then linked them to your profile, then you should be able to use the Band in the park before you check in.

-Rob

sloppy.joey

Actually, it depends on how you have your tickets.

If your park tickets are part of a package reservation, you have to check in at the hotel before being able to use the tickets in the parks. (Same thing goes for options like the Dining Plan(

If you bought the tickets separately and then linked them to your profile, then you should be able to use the Band in the park before you check in.

-Rob
Forgot about that, thanks!

Nickie729

I was wondering, because you can make choices ahead of time for you fastpast with the new bands. So I thought maybe you could go ahead and go to a park and check in later.

danv3

So my trip starts April 3. Per an e-mail Disney sent me, our MBs shipped on March 4. It's only been a week, but no bands yet, and the USPS tracking information still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" which does not seem like a good sign. When should I call to inquire? I'd certainly rather have them in hand (on wrist?) when I get there then have to deal with it at the front desk (losing park time).

SteveW

So my trip starts April 3. Per an e-mail Disney sent me, our MBs shipped on March 4. It's only been a week, but no bands yet, and the USPS tracking information still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" which does not seem like a good sign. When should I call to inquire? I'd certainly rather have them in hand (on wrist?) when I get there then have to deal with it at the front desk (losing park time).
You should call now.

I've heard that they are not shipping with 2 day delivery anymore, but I would think you should have them by now. USPS tracking systems, unlike UPS's, are not that good at keeping track of where things are in their system.

danv3

It did say they were shipped by Parcel Post, which is part of why I hadn't called yet. OTOH, I'm only in North Carolina, so not all that far from Florida (assuming that's where they're coming from).

scarr13311

We were at Disney World back in November 2013 and were part of the test phase of the magicbands. We wore them everyday that we were there and had no problems having them on all day. They are light weight and actually found them very convenient when entering the parks, using fast pass+ lines, and for disney dinning, the photo pass, and entering our room at the resort.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

We wore them all day except at night and when we were I our hotel room. We did not find them uncomfortable at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom