Magic bands

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
My fiancé got onto our "My disney experience" and started messing with things (I am the planner) and decided to order us magic bands with out even telling me! So what do I have to look forward to with these things? Do they work well, do they annoy you? I hate wearing watches or bracelets so will this thing drive me nuts? I know I can change it so we don't get the magic bands but he is really excited about them and with our trip being under 50 days now they will be getting sent out soon. Just a little hesitant, any info for or against?

Poofiesdream

Ours worked good but were uncomfortable to wear. They are hard plastic like and do not flex. Very stiff and the shape they come in is the shape they stay in! When using them had to try a couple of times before they read but maybe it was me not lining up the Mickey's just right. Was better than pulling out a card all the time, but did take it off between times. Good Luck with them!

KLeigh

We just returned from our trip yesterday, and had no problems with our MagicBands.

To "break it in" I wore mine around the house a few days, and placed it around a wine bottle when I wasn't wearing it to help change it to a more "natural" shape.

The plastic is quite flexible, except around the Mickey head silhouette where the tech is stored. I also rolled the strap of the band backwards towards the Mickey head to help losen it up as well.

I also do not wear anything on my wrist, and didn't find the band bothersome, I even forgot I was wearing it at points. My DBF, on the other hand, kept his in his pocket except when he had to wear it for entry, fastpass+, and EMH.

ThatBrunette

Yes, the bands are stiff and a bit clunky. I don't wear jewelry so it felt a bit weird for me.

On the bright side, the bands make things a bit easier. We used them for the FastPass+, opening the hotel door and for getting in the parks. We did not use them for purchasing. Husband and the Boy had no problems, I had to re-tap a few times to get in the park.

Keep your card or paper tickets with you if there are problems. The bands are new and we were worried that they would use a regular ticket over our MNSSHP tickets so we used the cards to get into the park. A lot of people used them for the party and had no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom