Magic Bands to open door without being near?

GlacierGlacier

There's the tech for it. The magic bands contain RFID chips, sure, but also Bluetooth Low Energy for long range reading and tracking (see the goodbye room in Small World, the very temporary hitchhiking ghosts with locations, the Everest posters, the rock 'n' roller coaster posters, etc.). It's possible they could change the locks to allow for a short range (just like an extra inch or two so you just have to grab the handle and it can read the band) but who knows how actually convoluted and broken their system may be.

DisAl

I can see problems with that. What if you lay your magic band down somewhere close to the door? You sure wouldn't want your door to unlock itself in that situation. Even if you were still wearing it you would not want the door to unlock if you walked up to the door (from the inside) to see who was knocking. :cautious:

nickys

Premium Member
And how would it know if you were approaching or leaving?

Seriously doubt this is happening, even if they do have the technology to do it.

21stamps

And how would it know if you were approaching or leaving?

Seriously doubt this is happening, even if they do have the technology to do it.

I would think it would be similar to a car, but I’d rather not see the given price increase if this were to happen.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Werent they testing this on monorail doors?
11935088_502327576592013_508127552554708324_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom